61 300 k car barn find

-
Restore . . . restore . . . restore . . . or sell whole . . . letter cars are sooooo unique, don't even think of parting

Everybody is saying restore. But I am going to go out on a limb here and say Pro Touring with a 6.1 Hemi would be killer with that bodystyle. A early model SRT-8!

You could sell it and buy a regular 64 Chrysler 300 in better shape with the differerence in money. Or put that money toward the 6.1 swap.

Here's an incrediable one that was at Spring Fling a few years ago...

050308SpringFlingXXII103-vi.jpg

050308SpringFlingXXII230-vi.jpg

050308SpringFlingXXII231-vi.jpg

050308SpringFlingXXII232-vi.jpg

Everybody is saying restore. But I am going to go out on a limb here and say Pro Touring with a 6.1 Hemi would be killer with that bodystyle. A early model SRT-8!

I like the pro touring idea, only I would start with a base model instead, as the letter is a rare one and should be restored

That is a 64, Virgil Exner's last hurrah. The 63s (round tail lights) and 64s have always been the least desirable Chrysler almost ever, in my opinion.

That being said, someone going to want to restore it. It didn't come with the long rams, if it has them, someone put them on.

Still a very nice find though.

That's a 1964 300 K.

The 64's are the 2nd least desirable of the 55-65 letter cars with the 65 300 L probably the least desirable IN COMPARISON TO THE OTHER YEAR LETTER CARS. Still a collectable car.

http://www.chrysler300site.com/cgibin/history.cgi?1964

Don't Rat Rod it! Buy it for $500 and re-sell it for a profit to put into another car you own that you are more interested in. They are a very expensive car to restore, but there's people that love them that are ready and willing to put the time and money into them.

:banghead: I am always late!

wow, I just saw the one you posted from the spring fling. It is hard to imagine that car being so beautiful, but it sure is.

thought you found the car I looked at, but I was hoping for what you found

View attachment 300rear.jpg

View attachment 300right.JPG

View attachment 300front.jpg

My guess this car was parked in 1980, that is the year of the plate on the car. It was parked in a barn on the property, the car has not moved, the barn fell on it, done slight damage.

The lady wants to sell it to get it off the property. She thought she had a gold mine, too much BJ on TV

Man if it had the cross ram it would be at my place now

Nice find. BUY IT. I don't know if I could get the cash out quick enough

-
Back