62 valiant

-
no-- but i have heard of 63-66 tanks being used,
if you have a wagon all bets are off.

Lawrence

early a body must have an early a body tank as after 66 it all changed. The good thing is most a bodies had the same tank so valiant, barracuda, dart share so many parts. For instance the 64 Barracuda was a valiant/barracuda by name until 65 when it was just a Barracuda, in fact my 65 Formula S still has the V for Valiant on the back logo at the base of the window. It changed in 66 as they I assume used up all the chrome parts then changed it down the line. Reality is many parts are the same I do believe our front fenders match exactly also as well as doors, the difference is in the rear window of course in the Barracuda's for 64-66!!

65 Cudalover

Not according to this. From http://www.valiant.org/fix.html .

" The 1960 and 1961 station wagons use a different tank. All 1962s use a different tank, 1963s use another different tank, and 1964 and 1965 use the same tank, but different than all previous years."

I can verify that the 66 uses same tank as 64-65. Dennis

yes wagons are different.
no anything after 66 will not come close.
I have talked to 1 person that uses 63-66 aftermarket tanks in 62 style a body cars.He said it was a very simple swap.
This has been more than a day ago & my memory is foggy on certain days-- if your 62 non wagon needs a new tank --check out an after market 63-66 style.

i believe the difference is the "O" ring seal around the tank. Lawrence

My 62 Valiant has a 63-66 tank in it. It fits good but uses a different sender, also it extends farther to the rear so you might want to add a second strap to the original single one. The swap also gains you capacity!

Ok I took out the old tank it's beyond use , is the only difference between the newer tanks is the location of the fuel sender and size of tank ? ?? spare tire well was rotted through
So I welded one in from a 69 dart which has the fuel tank brkts hangin down below the spare tire well. If I use the 69 tank and notch the crossmember in front of the tank to fit the 69 tank straps this may work ?? Any thought?? Thanks. Mike

i have 72 and 76 dusters and 65 dart i've relaced tanks in. like the man said, the 63-6 tanks have a smaller hole for the filler neck and takes a smaller rubber gasket there obviously, . i have a 62 dart that will have to have a gas before long, i did look at classic industries catalogue, ( would look at lawson's but its on disk and takes for half hour to use it) for reference, they show earliest tank for A bodies as a 63 but under B bodies it shows a tank for 62-3 cars. like the man said, the earlier tank would be only choice and maybe need different pickup???? i threw away the rotted out 63 tank so i don't have it to compare with. got tired of tripping over 3 rotted out tanks LOL

well it was worth a shot lol !!!!! gonna have to order a new tank for an early 63-66 valiant and hope for the best thanks for the help on this

mike

I can tell you that I have a gas tank for a late model 63-66 a body in my 62 valiant wagon. No issues with fitment just the sending unit is in front not on the side. Works great.

This is a 64 four doors' fuel tank and related parts. Has some dents and needs to be boiled out, but otherwise appears solid. Don't want a lot for it so if it is of any interest send a pm.

Attachments

• 100_3434.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 198
  • 100_3436.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 166
I can tell you that I have a gas tank for a late model 63-66 a body in my 62 valiant wagon. No issues with fitment just the sending unit is in front not on the side. Works great.

I have a '61 Lancer wagon. My fuel inlet is on the passenger side, while it looks like the fuel inlet for the later tank is on the driver side. So did the position of the inlet change in '62?

Also, I really need a new inlet seal for my tank because it leaks horribly when the tank is full. Does anyone know if the '63 seal will work with this tank? Or else where I can get one for it?
Thanks.

-
Back