625 Carter afb

-

jrosey

Reaction score
So I noticed my carb is dripping out the passenger side verti I have a stock lower end 383 with .484 cam. I don't know anything about carburetors so do I have a stuck float. I read somewhere online about not having enough vacuum that they will not stay one the idle port or whatever you call it I justhink know that .484 cams don't give you much vacuum. Or should I rebuild the carb? Is it hard? I bought the carb rebuilt one ebay so....

So I noticed my carb is dripping out the passenger side verti I have a stock lower end 383 with .484 cam. I don't know anything about carburetors so do I have a stuck float. I read somewhere online about not having enough vacuum that they will not stay one the idle port or whatever you call it I justhink know that .484 cams don't give you much vacuum. Or should I rebuild the carb? Is it hard? I bought the carb rebuilt one ebay so....

Sounds like the float level is too high or a stuck float. Take a hammer and gently tap against the sides of the float bowls. That may loosen
up the float

So has it always done that or just started? Those carbs are simple to work on if not worn out.

I guess I don't remember it doing that.never paid attention. I kinda thought I heard it gurgling and popping. Not backfiring just a popping noise thats what made me look in it. I have never torn one apart. I might just tap it a little and mess with it at first.

-
Back