-
Status
Not open for further replies.

not a charger

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need a 63-66 a-body convertible (ONLY) lower rear seat frame. Don't care about the cover or foam, and I don't need the top part of the seat. Also, I need at least 1 of the brackets that welds to the top of the floor pan. THe lower rear seat frame hooks into this bracket. PM me here. Thank you.

sorry I can't help ya BUT if You get more than one offer for the seat bottom I'm looking for the bottom to my 66 dart vert, aslo , if I can find anything I'lll pass the info to you. you do know that the valiant and dart are different? at least the 66 dart is than the valiant seat bottom that I had picked up(trashed but might be usable with some welding) sorta like a sideways L and most any valiant that I've seen are straight seat bottoms , mine is supposed to drop ot the footwell in the front part of the bottom seat, valiants (I've only see a couple of convertibles at the shows don't drop to the footwell, )

If you still need this part, I have a complete rear out of a '65 convert. Valiant that I am not using and can get the floor brackets for you easily, let me know, thanx, Jim

First the bad news. The bottom frames of the verts rear seats didn't have good survival numbers. Rust ate them up. I'm not saying you'll never find one but what you find may not be worth the shipping cost.
Now the good news... The frame you need isn't a heck of a lot different from what was used in other models ( be glad it isn't the back of a vert rear seat you need ). The bottom frame you need can be created with a torch and welder.
Some companies like Legendary have done this sort of thing but at a hefty price. The local upholstery shops farm out the metal work.
Their added cost for that is the main reason my bro-in-law is doing it himself.
His vert is a 66 Impala and his donor is a 68 Caprice.
Funny thing is , he bought the Caprice for its BB 396, front disc brakes, etc.. and hadn't even looked at that rear seat bottom.
I compared it to Cinderellas glass slippers. He had what he needed , just didn't know it. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back