63 Dart, GT conversion?

-

Bubu

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can a 63 Dart be coverted to a GT using a 65 GT donor car. Specifically the doors to eliminate the window frames???

Thank you

Hey guys,

Can a 63 Dart be coverted to a GT using a 65 GT donor car. Specifically the doors to eliminate the window frames???

Thank you
Not as far as I know. Your '63 window frames actually support the windows as they go up and down. Hardtop windows (which is what a GT would have) have a completely different window mechanism as they are self-supporting. There are other differences as well.

Not as far as I know. Your '63 window frames actually support the windows as they go up and down. Hardtop windows (which is what a GT would have) have a completely different window mechanism as they are self-supporting. There are other differences as well.

Thanks for the reply. I meant replacing the entire door, including windows. Also the rear windows.

Don't sedans have full frames for the quarter glass?

Don't sedans have full frames for the quarter glass?

That B frame "pillar" is also where the rear window slides up and down. It is riveted or spot welded in place. Im wondering if that can be removed and use the doors with glass and rear windows off the 65 GT.

That B frame "pillar" is also where the rear window slides up and down. It is riveted or spot welded in place. Im wondering if that can be removed and use the doors with glass and rear windows off the 65 GT.
Never say never. With enough know how and enough beer you can do it I am sure. Heck the B body guys have been changing 4 door cars to 2 door post cars for years. You just have to get it done.

That B frame "pillar" is also where the rear window slides up and down. It is riveted or spot welded in place. Im wondering if that can be removed and use the front doors and rear windows off the 65 GT.
Never say never. With enough know how and enough beer you can do it I am sure. Heck the B body guys have been changing 4 door cars to 2 door post cars for years. You just have to get it done.

I guess my question is if the 63 and 65 doors are interchangeable?

-
Back