63 Valiant, 66 Dart 270 in Salvage Yard

-
Super 225 air cleaner.
Charger 225 air cleaner.
/6 kickdown linkage.
Battery tray from 66 Dart. Sandblast and paint, good shape, no rust through.
Also got another super 225 air cleaner from the 68 Valiant, slightly larger than these, and has vent nipple to valve cover.
Will get pic eventually.
Finally about out of parts to photgraph and clean. Whew!
alan627b

DSC00396 (Small).JPG

DSC00395 (Small).JPG

DSC00390 (Small).JPG

DSC00397 (Small).JPG

DSC00398 (Small).JPG

Hey I would like buy those head lite door in the trunk of that 66 Dart sedan if they are not spoken for.

Thanks Earl

Sorry Earl, they have a home already. I will keep my eyes open for more.
If somehow the first buyer passes, you are second alternate for this pair.
Somebody else was parting a 66 Dart on the board, might be worth checking thru the posts.
That's a real sharp D series you have there!
alan

Hi Alan,
I was just wondering what the status on those parts was and when you would be ready to start shipping.Also,if no one else has spoken for the washer bottle,I'd like to have it. Thanks,Dan

It's been a little over a month since I started my salvage efforts, and I've shipped some of the parts to some happy customers. I was doing inventory and here is what is left.
1968 Valiant 4Dr
Excellent hood, grille divider "beak" and turn signal panel
1 Pair tail lights these are the smooth lenses without the back up lights. 67 or 68?
Super 225 air cleaner with nipple for PCV /6 for Holley 1V
2 Pair headlight doors, black recess around light with rough textured argent rims

63 Valiant 2 Dr
1 pair bucket seats, with side chrome no seat back ashtrays. Restorable core seats. anybody need them before I pitch the seats?
front turn signals, bezels fair lenses good
rear tail lights, fair condition
back up lights bezels fair lenses good.
Aluminum or pot metal (?) trim panel between the tail lights. fair to good condition.
Gas pedal pad
Charger 225 /6 air cleaner for Holley 1V
license plate light

66 Dart 270 2 Dr
Excellent Hood
excellent doors with glass
entire heater box plenum with core and blower motor. No drivers side vent.
license plate light
gas pedal pad

75 Valiant custom 4 Dr
Washer bottle with pump, good condition.
PS) tail light DS) bezel and gasket only, no lens
Trim panel between tail lights
2 75-76 Valiant/duster grilles, with headlight doors, see post above for condition.
1 Pair green front footwell kick panels with good insulation panels.
Orders Pending
66 Dart headlight doors
These were promised but I can't remember to whom! Either PM or Email was accidentally lost. Please let me know so I can get you your parts. I want to keep my "good guy" rating!
63 Valiant radio/dash trim
Slantscamp, I need your zip code again so I can get you the total price for this stuff. Thanks for the patience.
Kick panels/washer bottle for 68 Sedan, since you said you don't need the kick panels, I'll repackage the washer bottle for you. Send the zip again, please!
Swedefish, I'll try the US post office to see if there is a cheaper way to ship the threshold plates. UPS wanted $189 to ship these to Sweden, is that nuts or what? For $30 worth of parts that don't weight more than a pound or two.
Anybody know a cheap way to ship these overseas? I suspect the length is the problem.

I am learning that I need a better way to organize who wants what, and who gets what, etc! It's been a learning experience. Thanks everybody for the patience with this CRS sufferer!
Alan Hynes

Sorry Steve, I can't find your email, but wanted to let you know the 71 Demon Fender extensions got shipped today, and should be there in 2-3 days!
Hope you enjoy them!
Alan Hynes
alan627b

hey alan. sorry about that. been a little busy and kind of forgot. my zip code is 94565 and i think i still have your phone number in my email.

1968 Valiant 4Dr
1 Pair tail lights these are the smooth lenses without the back up lights. 67 or 68?
2 Pair headlight doors, black recess around light with rough textured argent rims

63 Valiant 2 Dr
Aluminum or pot metal (?) trim panel between the tail lights. fair to good condition.
Gas pedal pad
license plate light

66 Dart 270 2 Dr
Excellent Hood
license plate light
gas pedal pad
headlight doors

75 Valiant custom 4 Dr
2 75-76 Valiant/duster grilles, with headlight doors, see post above for condition.
headlight doors

Update, 4-1-2010

I still have most if not all of this stuff 2 YEARS later...I'm going to re-inventory soon and make sure exactly what I have...but I reposted this to see if there is any interest in any of it.
Please feel free to email me if there is. Until I can find out about shipping, I think I will keep the big sheetmetal items with the intent on swap meeting them. Shipping on these cost big bucks, and my trade has been very slow the last 2 years so big bucks is something I don't have right now!

Thanks,
Alan

1968 Valiant 4Dr

63 Valiant 2 Dr
Gas pedal pad
license plate light

66 Dart 270 2 Dr
Excellent Hood
license plate light
gas pedal pad
headlight doors

75 Valiant custom 4 Dr
headlight doors

Update, 4-1-2010

I still have most if not all of this stuff 2 YEARS later...I'm going to re-inventory soon and make sure exactly what I have...but I reposted this to see if there is any interest in any of it.
Please feel free to email me if there is. Until I can find out about shipping, I think I will keep the big sheetmetal items with the intent on swap meeting them. Shipping on these cost big bucks, and my trade has been very slow the last 2 years so big bucks is something I don't have right now!

Thanks,
Alan

Hi Alan,
I am looking for both rust free doors for my 65 Dart two door post. How much would you want for both doors plus shipping to Michigan 48023. Thanks Doug

"...I think I will keep the big sheetmetal items with the intent on swap meeting them. Shipping on these cost big bucks, and my trade has been very slow the last 2 years so big bucks is something I don't have right now!..."

======
Hello! I just found this old thread, and it's recently updated.

I am confused...shipping big items is expensive (but you use gtreyhound if you can, to make it realistic...as a BUYER).
Why do you say you don't have t bigh buicksm, so you don't want to sell big stuff?
The buyer pays shipping. (??).

I wanted to know if those 1963 Valiant bucket seats were still in the car?
I only read pages 1 and 5...did you buy all the littlee parts off these ars, or are they still all IN the junkyard, 2 years later?

THANKS.

Valiant Research, I'm sorry to say all these cars have been sent to China a long time ago. They were at a You Pullit yard, and they turn iron over about every 60 days.
What I meant about the big, bulky items isn't that I have a problem with selling them, I just hated to guess what a freight company or Greyhound/Trailways would charge to ship them. Assuming the bus companies will accept something as large as doors or a hood. I've never tried shipping items this large, so I am/was a little hesitant.
If the buyer is willing to pay for shipping, I'm game, I'm just trying to be considerate. A strange concept these days, but I try to treat people as I would like be treated.
The buyer does pay for shipping, but the seller has to do all the research to do it, and faces the problems of packaging and finding a shipper. I don't do this for a living, but to drum up spare cash for the hobbies. I had a lot of time off after I tore my rotator cuff, but before I could have surgery, and that's when these cars showed up.

If someone has experience shipping stuff like this, by all means drop me a PM and inform me.

The seats.
I had taken the bucket seats out of the Valiant, but the guy who said he wanted them backed out, and after having them sit around for a month, I took the chrome off of them and trashed the rest. They frames were in pretty rusty, poor condition anyways. And smelled like mice...

I bought a bunch of stuff off these cars, the stuff I thought would have value, because I realise in some parts of the country old cars are gone and parts are hard to find, but I didn't realise to what extent until I joined this forum! Some of it was too good to see crushed, it's not easy to find nice parts even in Nebraska thanks to city cleanup efforts and the money to be made by towing companies.
I think that's where all this came from, usually all that's in the Mopar car rows are minivans and front drive junk. These came as a surprise.
BTW, I still have a lot of these parts 2 years later, they are for sale in the new For Sale sections.
Alan Hynes
aka alan627b

Hello!
Are the front turn signal lights from the 63 Valiant still for sale?
I although need the rear and back up lights plastic lenses (is it in good shape?, cracks etc.?).
Will you ship to Germany? What are the estimated shipping costs?
Regards,
painsinner

And I still have most of this stuff lying around. Somebody who wants the big sheetmetal items would have to be serious if they are going to ask me... I can't say how many times I was asked to get a shipping quote, and never heard a peep from the other party once they got the information. I think a swap meet will be a better idea.
But.. if anybody is interested in any of this stuff I can check and see what is left, and unearth it from the garage. I think I still have most of it.. with the exception of the 67 Valiant tail lights, they were sold.

Either PM me or email at

alan627b AT Live.com (take that forum mail scammers!)

The parts are pictured here

http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/alan627b/Valiant Dart Parts/

-
Back