63 Valiant, 66 Dart 270 in Salvage Yard

-
I'll check the prices on these parts at the yard.
I sure hope this pays off, I've been so busy pulling parts that I'm not even close to shipping stuff yet, but never fear, I'm bound to run out of strippable parts soon!

Just FYI, the two Furys pictured have some good parts, the Sport fury has an 8 3/4, but I can't pull a rear end with one good arm! And the yard won't help you. Neither has any radio components, the white one has had the roof crushed making it near impossible to salvage interior parts. It also has a cable shift smallblock torqueflite, and parts of big block units in the trunk,of questionable use. Too bad someone more able bodied isn't closer to this yard! As mentioned above, the console is long gone I'm afraid!
Stay tuned,
Alan627b

I'll add my 2¢ worth of praise for offering to help. I'm interested in the fender extensions off of the Demon. How much shipped to 75204? Thanks.

I´m a little late in to this thread but I spotted the inner sill moldings in the Valiant, are they there for both sides? I´m missing the rear ones in my Barracuda -66 but I don´t know if they are the same as the -63 Valiant.
And if you could have a quick look for the sill moldings in the -66 Dart,
but the same goes for this one, I don´t know if they are the same as in the Barracuda.
I don´t know if they are hard to find in the US, but here in Sweden they´re very hard to find.

I'm dog tired tonight, it was hot in the yards today! 90% humidity...
Questions, in short....
72 Demon, I am asking $60 + shipping, let me know what you think, they are posted in Parts for sale too.
Swedefish, I'll have a look for the sill plates the next time I go out, probably Saturday.
Baucco, I nabbed the aircleaner and part of the kickdown linkage then ran out of time when the yard closed, do you need the underhood portion or ALL the kickdown linkage, it's there on the Dart and much easier to get than what's on the 63 Valiant......
Slanted Six, the doors will cost ME about $35 each.
The price rundown off the yard's price list is as follows...
Hoods $25-50 depending on condition.
Bumpers @$35.00
Carbs 2V @ 18.00 4V @ $25
Motor mounts @ $10.00
Complete heater plenum with blower motor and core @ 40.00
Controls w/ air $12 w/o air $10 cables @ $4.00
Air cleaners @ $10
Doors w manual windows @ $35.00 w/ electric windows $40.00
And I think it's fair I make a little money off doing this, though I'm not out to screw anybody.
I'm not able to work (torn rotator cuff, not recommended!) so this is like supplemental income right now!
I'll post more pics tomorrow, when I'm not os tired.
Alan627b

to assist on the shipping use greyhound bus for the doors/hoods/sheetmetal items-- much cheaper & very quick.
UPS/Fedx will cost $$$ for those lage items,Lawrence

Hi Alan,
thanks for the quick work! I can use as much as you can grab for the linkage but I don't want you hurting yourself to get it either. I'll take what I can get since there are no mopar yards near here at all! Let me know how much you'd like for the set-up and if you can get the carb as well that would be great! My zip is 47404 to figure shipping. Thanks again!Dan

I bagged the carb, a holley 1 or 2 barrel, and started yanking the kickdown when time ran out, I'll get the rest when i go back this weekend. It's not that hard to get, just time consuming. They sure did use a complex system for the kickdown and gas pedal assembly on these early cars!
If anyone can use the heater plenum, it is in very good to excellent condition, about $40 to me complete, and the price can be lowered if you leave the blower motor and heater core behind. I'd just take it whole, if it were me.This cars odo said 65,ooo something miles, I'll bet it's actual. That or it was fairly well taken care of.
alan

Something I've been wondering about...everybody lists their zip code as a shipping reference....can you call UPS or FedEx with an approximate weight and zip to get a shipping quote? I've never done much parts shipping before,
and I'll take all the advice, web links, etc anyone wants to give.
There's gonna be a lot of packages....
alan627b

shipping--- go to the website ups.com/ usps.com-- not sure on fed-x---. enter the zips & weight-- & the dimensions-- you will get a shipping price--- watch the dimensions-- it can jack up the $$ in a hurry if it is an odd ball shape,Lawrence

iship.com-- used to list these all to compare-- but now they want you to pay-- i do not know of a single site that gives shipping costs of the major carriers.

Alan,

Wow, you really are a 'godsend!' Would it be possible to get the 63 val driver's fender and ship to Staten Island, NY 10312? I am in desperate need of this to finish the body work.
Thanks, Flathead.

Any chance that the complete steering column is still available? I suddenly find myself in need of one. thanks.

You might like this...the steering column, which is an automatic on the column, is there, and the car has a manual steering box. This car's odometer says 59,000 some odd miles, and I believe it's right. .
I'll have to check pricing at the yard, but I should be able to get them.
The 63 Valiant and 66 Dart are both equipped this way.
alan627b

Thats great. I only need the 66 steering column from the steering wheel to the gear selector on the engine bay side of the firewall. I really appriciate your help.

Mistake noted in my post directly above....the 63 Valiant is a /6 auto with the pushbuttons on the dash, no lever on the column or shift indicator.
The 66 Dart was a /6 auto "on the tree". Which one would be of greater use to you?
alan627b

My friend Doug and I hit the yard yesterday and nabbed a bunch of stuff.
We got these parts from the 66 Dart.....
Both the doors, complete with door panels and good glass.
All the kickdown linkage except the arms off the transmission itself, just too dark and filthy to see to do it.
The entire heater plenum with the blower and core.
Heater controls
The battery tray in good condition.
The front bumper and the bumper braces.
Door sill plates, these are 2 piece on the 66, we got three out of the 4 pieces, the pass side inner was missing, and had been destroyed on the 63 Valiant.
From the 68 Valiant...
excellent hood, grille beak, and the panel with the turn signals, and hood latch assembly.
From the 63 Valiant
The hood
Front turn signals, bezels poor but the lenses are intact, I figured they were worth saving.
The pushbutton shifter mechanism.
I hope everybody's money is good, I think I've spent about $400 in two weeks getting all this stuff!
here come the pictures.....
first, the doors from the 66 dart.
Slanted66, I hope you are looking....

DSC00359 (Small).JPG

DSC00360 (Small).JPG

DSC00361 (Small).JPG

DSC00362 (Small).JPG

hood, turn signal panel, hood latch, 68 Valiant. Hood is excellent.
That isn't primer, it's the original paint fading off....

DSC00367 (Small).JPG

DSC00368 (Small).JPG

DSC00363 (Small).JPG

Here is the good for the 63 Valiant, it's easy to see there is going to be some work ahead on it. Looks like someone bent the nose a little at one time, but at least it's solid.

DSC00317 (Small).JPG

DSC00318 (Small).JPG

DSC00319 (Small).JPG

DSC00320 (Small).JPG

DSC00321 (Small).JPG

DSC00322 (Small).JPG

DSC00323 (Small).JPG

DSC00324 (Small).JPG

DSC00364 (Small).JPG

DSC00365 (Small).JPG

The 66 on the tree. Thats a direct replacment for what I have. Let me know if you can get it and how much you want for it. Thanks again.

As promised, pictures of the intake I didn't get, this isn't a Super Six manifold....also some pics of what is left of the Dart. the trunk lid is in good shape, the seats are good to very good, especially where it shows. The hood is in good shape too. Fenders would need a lot of work to save, they have rust where they bolt on to the inner structure.
alan627b

DSC00339 (Small).JPG

DSC00340 (Small).JPG

DSC00344 (Small).JPG

DSC00345 (Small).JPG

DSC00346 (Small).JPG

DSC00347 (Small).JPG

DSC00348 (Small).JPG

DSC00341 (Small).JPG

These yachts are in the yard too. 67 new Yorker 383 2v, auto, peg-leg 8.75 rear.
The other yacht is a 75 (?) 360 auto, it does have a 7 blade aluminum fan with the thermostatic clutch.

DSC00354 (Small).JPG

DSC00355 (Small).JPG

DSC00356 (Small).JPG

DSC00357 (Small).JPG

DSC00353 (Small).JPG

wow, it always amazes me how you western guys find such good sheetmetal in the salvage yards. around here everything is always completely ate up with rust. all those cars would be resto candidates here in ohio.
-tim

I'll let you in on a fact....these cars look better than most of what I've seen around here for 10 years or better, I heard they all came from one owner who was cleaning up a property where they have been sitting for a long time. I wish I'd known where before they got to the junkyard!
Here come some more pictures of some of the other items I rescued yesterday.
66 Dart Glove Box door
Door sill trim...going to Sweden?

DSC00373 (Small).JPG

DSC00372 (Small).JPG

DSC00371 (Small).JPG

DSC00369 (Small).JPG

DSC00370 (Small).JPG

The turn signals. They have some pitting on the chrome, and one has been dented. Both have good lenses and wiring. Will need new gaskets made, no biggee. I figured they were too good to see crushed. Shown after my usual clean up job.
$20...shipped in US.

DSC00379 (Small).JPG

DSC00380 (Small).JPG

DSC00381 (Small).JPG

DSC00382 (Small).JPG

DSC00383 (Small).JPG

DSC00384 (Small).JPG

68 Valiant "beak" or grille split. Ashtray from 66 Dart. Kickdown linkage.
Holley from /6 from dart.
Washer bottle and pump from 75 Valiant.

DSC00385 (Small).JPG

DSC00386 (Small).JPG

DSC00387 (Small).JPG

DSC00388 (Small).JPG

DSC00391 (Small).JPG

DSC00392 (Small).JPG

DSC00393 (Small).JPG

DSC00394 (Small).JPG

-
Back