63 Valiant, 66 Dart 270 in Salvage Yard

-
The Dart 270 odo said 69,650 miles...Charger 225 /6 auto, Radio delete dash that I'll nab tomorrow,
The headlite rings aren't perfect, but savable. Too bad it wound up here, it would have at least made a good race car.
The dart 270 trim is in the trunk, but it's pretty rough.

DSC00216 (Small).JPG

DSC00217 (Small).JPG

DSC00218 (Small).JPG

DSC00219 (Small).JPG

DSC00220 (Small).JPG

DSC00221 (Small).JPG

DSC00214 (Small).JPG

DSC00215 (Small).JPG

The whopping 1 speaker Transaudio, I got all but one knob too, that's what was there.
The plastic parts will probably need to be rechromed, but other than the finish, they are in good shape. The tin will clean up really nice. I got the push button shift selector plate while I was at it!

DSC00223 (Small).JPG

DSC00224 (Small).JPG

DSC00225 (Small).JPG

DSC00226 (Small).JPG

DSC00227 (Small).JPG

DSC00228 (Small).JPG

If at least one headlight ring is nice and looks like the one in this image, I'm in for up to $25, hope that covers shipping. Thanks for your time!

Frt end closeup.jpg

How much for those 66 tail lights with shipping to 18964?
Did you take any pics of them?
I don't need the back up lights.

I'd be interested in the Dart headlight bezels. Is there a chrome strip on the front edge of the hood? I could use a good one of those also. Just for fun,
how much for the speedo cluster and heater trim panel? Let me know prices and aproximate shipping to 50701. toolmanmike

Here are the pictures of the 66 Dart tail lights, these are after I used a little detergent and spent about 5 minutes each with some Mequiars medium cut cleaner.
Condition is as follows
L outer pits in chrome, broken lens with a poor repair job featuring silicone and screws, aslo cracked around circumfrence of the lens.
L inner small crack in potmetal housing on the back, gasket good
R outer poor gasket, crack in outer housing, lens is good
R inner some pitting gasket good.
In short, not for a concourse restortation, but not terrible considering. The cracked rear housing is a hairline crack, easily patched, and the L Outer lens might be removed and repaired with a better adhesive.Most of the flaws don't show once they are in place.
alan627b

DSC00229 (Small).JPG

DSC00230 (Small).JPG

DSC00231 (Small).JPG

DSC00232 (Small).JPG

DSC00233 (Small).JPG

DSC00234 (Small).JPG

DSC00235 (Small).JPG

DSC00236 (Small).JPG

DSC00237 (Small).JPG

DSC00238 (Small).JPG

Last pics of the lights
I also got the the rear portion of the wiring harness while I was at it.

DSC00239 (Small).JPG

DSC00240 (Small).JPG

It's about 10:30 am now, and I'm going back to get some more parts. I'll clean this stuff up, and worry about the who, how and where, and how much, this weekend. I'm trying to get this stuff before
A it gets crushed
B somebody else beats me to it
C somebody destroys the dash to get the speedo needle or some similar misfortune.
By the way, my old pickup was in the yard yesterday, I didn't think I'd left enough for them to put it in!
This was pretty much how it looked when the truck came to get it! It was just a money pit, and I didn't need it, so I kept all the running gear and anything else I'd put money into. Simplified my life a little.
But if anybody needs a real good 9.25 axle, totally rebuilt, $800 will take it. Only used parts left were the housing and the ring and pinion, new Trak Loc posi, 3.55 ratio, new axles/bearings/ seals. This truck was an 88, will fit 72-93. Has the late 5X5.5 bolt pattern.
I don't think I'd want to ship it though! LOL!

DSC00197 (Small).JPG

DSC00198 (Small).JPG

Whew, what a day! Spent another day in the parts yard, it's getting to be almost like a job!
The Valiant bucket seats are here, as is the dash facing and instrument cluster from the Dart. I scored the back up lamps from the Dart, as they were too nice to get crushed. I also got the headlight rings from the Dart, they're in what I'd call fair condition, they're gonna need some work!
I've got 3 sets of 67-68 Valiant head light rings too.
Also, a pair of fender extensions from a 71 Demon, probably about the only good thing left on it.
Man am I tired...
alan627b

One of our own guys may need the speedo cluster from the Dart. We will keep you posted. toolmanmike

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this post, Sunday I woke up at 5 AM and couldn't get back to sleep, so I went out to the garage and cleaned parts. Then stayed up until 3AM this morning, and screwed up my sleep schedule!
First, the after pics of the 63 Valiant dash parts. Cleaned up real nice!

DSC00251 (Small).JPG

DSC00252 (Small).JPG

Here's the radio from 63 Valiant. It might even work, but I'd have it tested first, since it had a lot of mouse residue and spider webs in it, before I cleaned it.

DSC00261 (Small).JPG

DSC00262 (Small).JPG

DSC00263 (Small).JPG

All I did to these was to take them apart, clean them and spent about 5 minutes apiece witht the polishing compound. They'll need new bulbs, and the internal gaskets are in very good condition.
Asking $40+shipping.
Also, the gas pedal pad, from this car, which was a /6 auto manual drum car.
By the way, if somebody needs a good accelerator pedal assembly, let me know and I'll go get it. China doesn't really need it, and it appears to be excellent.
$10?+shipping.
alan627b@hotmail.com

DSC00264 (Small).JPG

DSC00265 (Small).JPG

DSC00266 (Small).JPG

Here's the unit from the 68 Valiant 4 door, not dried out or cracked, was holding fluid when I took it off. Cleaned for your viewing pleasure.

DSC00276 (Small).JPG

DSC00277 (Small).JPG

you are going beyond the call of duty-- might I add you should get the battery tray(if decent) that front bumper on the 66 looks very nice---- hope your field trips/time & troulble pan out. Lawrence

I was thinking about that, except for a re-chrome, it's straight as a string. It's really too bad somebody coudn't have gotten it before it made the junkyard. It would have made an awesome race car at least. The quarters need help, and I'm not sure how hard good ones would be to find. Other than that, it would have required some patching to be a good car. Oh, well!
The hood edge trim was gone before I could get it, and the battery tray isn't cherry.
I think somebody is cleaning up a property, otherwise this yard usually just has minivans and front driver crap, which can't be crushed fast enough to suit me! But, that's just my opinion.
alan627b

Alan, I just sent you a e-mail about the Dart speedo etc. If the front bumper is pretty nice and straight
I would take it if the price is right but you'd have to keep it for me until I get to Sioux City for Thanksgiving.
Mike

Both doors are freaking incredible for a Nebraska car, and very good everywhere else. Very straight and in good shape. Check the pics to have a look. Glass was still in the pass door for sure, and I think still in the drivers side. Car shouldn't have been junked.
Alan627b

Alan, any idea on prices for the doors...I would prob drive out to get them as shipping would be brutal!

Hey Allan!
I know others have said it before,but,Good lookin' out for us there! I hope this is all paying off for you. Can you give me a price on the super-six air cleaner and kickdown linkage please? If the price is right,maybe the 2bbl carb as well.Thanks again! Dan

I'll check the prices on all this stuff when I get to the yard.
Probably ging out there today, tomorrow at the latest.
Alan

-
Back