63 Valiant, 66 Dart 270 in Salvage Yard

-

alan627b

Reaction score
Yesterday at the salvage yard, I came across several early Mopars.
62 or 63 Valaint, /6 pushbutton auto 2 door car with bucket seats. Manual steering.
Also a 66 dart 270 2 door, /6 auto. Good interior, most sheetmeta. No grille. Good tailights, nice turquoise interior except the drivers door, although savable. RADIO DELETE dash trim is there, as is instrument panel in good shape.
I'm going back there today, will take more pictures. If any one needs parts, i can get them. Should be reasonable as this is a u-pullit yard.
This is the Valiant, the grille is gone but headlight rings are in the car.
Note 1976 Bicentennial license plate!
alan627b@hotmail.com
Omaha, Nebraska

Mopar 9-08 040 (Small).jpg

Mopar 9-08 043 (Small).jpg

Mopar 9-08 041 (Small).jpg

Mopar 9-08 042 (Small).jpg

Sure would be nice to have that locking gas cap!! But finding the key may be a problem.8)

Hey, if your willing, grab the bucket seat-back ashtrays for me from the valiant??? Mine were missing when i got the car and I can't seem to find them anywhere!!!
thanks in advance!
-Tim

I am looking for the bottom inside chrome trim for the passenger bucket for my 66 Cuda if that is still on the 66. Thanks Mark

Boy are all you guys in luck! I got the ashtrays today...the seats are complete...the Valiants headlight rings are in the car, not perfect, but ok...and the tailights are still there and good.
I guess I'm going shopping tomorrow!
Seeing as I'm not working right now, any income can't hurt!
Stay tuned, I'll report in tomorrow!
Alan
alan627b@hotmail.com

C-fat, the Valiant is a 62 or 63, will the seat trim work? See pics...
I think the headlite rings on the Valiant were still good, and I know the ones on the Dart aren't bad.
The Dart has a RADIO DELETE dash in very good shape.....
The Valiant stil has the stock AM radio in it, condition unknown...car smells like little critters.....13 inch wheels and the hubcaps are in the trunk. Not sure if all 4 are there. I guess it's inventory time....

Alan, I'm not interested in any parts, just had to chime in and give ya a big high five, good of you to help everyone out!!!:cheers:

I'll check the price list tomorrow! I'm just glad to help, everybody keep an eye peeled for 69 Valiant parts!
Here are some more pics of the Valiant, and the Demon, I'll get some of the other cars tomorrow.
Alan

DSC00172 (Small).JPG

DSC00173 (Small).JPG

DSC00174 (Small).JPG

DSC00175 (Small).JPG

DSC00176 (Small).JPG

DSC00177 (Small).JPG

DSC00178 (Small).JPG

DSC00179 (Small).JPG

71 Demon, It's really rough, no motor, trans, steering box or tail lights, no grille. Front fender extensions are still good, the rest of the sheetmetal is pretty wasted. Interior poor. 7.25 or 8.25 open rear. Slime green, black interior, auto on column. VIN LL29B1B 206680.

DSC00180 (Small).JPG

DSC00181 (Small).JPG

DSC00182 (Small).JPG

DSC00183 (Small).JPG

DSC00184 (Small).JPG

I don't see any parts I need yet either, but I agree with macadoo. Good on ya! Its really nice to see you doing what you can to help people out, supplying pictures and everything.

Other "iron" includes...
65 Fury s door htp, 361/383 2V auto, p/s man/brake,
65fury 4 door electric windows, 318 polyhead, auto, p/s man/brake roof crushed, good tal lights.
67 New Yorker, 383 2V open 8 3/4 power drum brake 7 blade cooling fan
75 Plymouth land yacht 360 2V 7 blade fan, power disc brakes p/s
Loader operator said more iron on the way eventually
alan627b@hotmail.com

DSC00185 (Small).JPG

DSC00186 (Small).JPG

DSC00187 (Small).JPG

DSC00188 (Small).JPG

DSC00189 (Small).JPG

DSC00190 (Small).JPG

DSC00191 (Small).JPG

DSC00192 (Small).JPG

slantscamp, ya talking about the one from the Valiant?
If it helps, drop me an email, I'll check the list tomorrow before I head out, I guess I'll get up early!
Once again, ITS
alan627b@hotmail.com

Believe me, I don't mind helping out! This stuff is gonna wind up as a Dihatsu if I don't get it!
Thank God scrap prices are dropping for awhile....
Alan

Man, that demon has seen better days. Good job on finding the parts for everyone. Awful kind of you. If you find any 70-71 dusters sitting around please post some pics!!

C-fat, the Valiant is a 62 or 63, will the seat trim work? See pics...
I think the headlite rings on the Valiant were still good, and I know the ones on the Dart aren't bad.
The Dart has a RADIO DELETE dash in very good shape.....
The Valiant stil has the stock AM radio in it, condition unknown...car smells like little critters.....13 inch wheels and the hubcaps are in the trunk. Not sure if all 4 are there. I guess it's inventory time....

The trim for earlier seats is different. I know that for sure but am not sure if 67 or newer is the same as 66. Thanks for the help.

the white fury with out the roof is a 1965 so is the red sport fury,,
if your looking for parts to resell,,,the radio delete plate in the dart,,is a sellable item,,and hard to come by,,they go for 45 bucks or so on the internet or at a swap meet,,

if the 66 dart was a V8 car get the drag link,highly sought after part,,,

and if you want to gamble,,check the trunk of that red 65 sport fury,,see if there is a trunk mounted reverb, and the radio may be a factory mono am/fm
get all the radio stuff dash mounted reverb switch and harness,, it is an option in that year,, im not intrested in any of these parts,,just thought since you are helping people out, ide give you some ideas of some things you may want to get and re sell for your self,, good luck,,nice people are hard to find these days,

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a good look...I thought the Dart dash would be worth getting as clean as it is.
Now if they'd just get a 69 Valiant in......
alan

OK guys, here goes...
OPTIK I got the ashtrays....but...
1964 HIPPO wants the seats...do you need them complete?
CHRYSLERFAT wants the side trim...pics will be up shortly...
Who wants them the worst, or can we come to an agreement on who gets what part of the seats? They will cost me $25 each, and I got them out of the car today.
CLIFFTT the headlite rings are there, not perfect, but probably cost me about $10 or $15.
SLANTSCAMP, I got the AM Transaudio Radio, and the nice trim intact. No mean feat considering all the mouse turds and aroma..I think it had been a field car for some time! I can't say if it will work, but I'm thinking it's fixable. Pics up shortly.
70 VALIANT, the Dart tail lights were also scored today, safe and sound and home in the garage. The back up lights in the bumper are in fair to good shape, can you use these too?
Tomorrow, I'm going back again to get the radio delete trim, and see what else might be worth saving.
Alan
alan627b@hotmail.com

I suppose it's too much to ask for one of those center consoles from the Sport Fury? Prolly long gone, huh?

More pics of the Valaint, including the mess I got to crawl around in (EEEWW!! Smelled bad)

DSC00203 (Small).JPG

DSC00204 (Small).JPG

DSC00212 (Small).JPG

DSC00213 (Small).JPG

-
Back