64,65,66 gas line cuda

-

Garry

Reaction score
The gas line from the carb to the fuel pump on a 273 automatic. It is 2 pcs due to the in line fuel filter . Are they the same for all 3 yrs. A company called "The Right Stuff" near Columbus ,Ohio does a good job re-doing lines in stainless, but all they show is '66. If they don't have the pattern, you send them yours and I believe they make you one for free if they keep yours for their pattern inventory. They have pictures of the '66 on their online catalog but it is hard to tell.

I don't know why a 66 wouldn't work. I think the engines and fuel pumps interchange. The water pump is the same. Perhaps the carbs need to be the same, but those varied even in same year, though I think 64-66 273 2 bbl all had Carter BBD.

That's kinda what I was thinking Bill, I added a few pictures of what I got going on, By the way, anyone know where I can find the original style radiator and other hose clamps. The few I have (if original) are leaking, they are tired.

Attachments

• DSC01099.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC01098.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 103
I bought new spring clamps from RT Specialties(I think)but I found that they didn't fit tight. I think some of the new hoses may have a thinner wall.

Garry,
I got mine from the Right Stuff last Carlisle, work fine. I have an A/C car and all was perfect. Non-A/C cars are easy, not as many bends off of the carb. Hope that helps.

-
Back