64-65 Barracuda Pictures

-
Orig. was citron gold with gold interior it's now a burgandy with black interior /burgandy carpet.Factory air car,non console [i wish it had one looks naked with out it]. Plans are to paint it senergy green pearl with black interior and a semi gloss stripe down the side in the body line above the door handles below the windows where the body rolls down to the sharp edge and rolls back under [the under side of that small cove] from front to rear with a hemi hash marks at the rear. Hard to explain the paint scheam is in my head.

Orig. was citron gold with gold interior it's now a burgandy with black interior /burgandy carpet.Factory air car,non console [i wish it had one looks naked with out it]. Plans are to paint it senergy green pearl with black interior and a semi gloss stripe down the side in the body line above the door handles below the windows where the body rolls down to the sharp edge and rolls back under [the under side of that small cove] from front to rear with a hemi hash marks at the rear. Hard to explain the paint scheam is in my head.

So will you dye your interior? Cause it looks great in the pictures. Wait till I take pictures of mine. :crybaby:

The longer I sit here the more I remember. Hoping your 8.25 is out of an A body as it will not only save you relocating the spring pads (unless your going to install the offset shackles then it doesn't matter) but you will find an A body 8.25 is about 1.5" narrower than the stock 7.25! This lets you use cop car rims or any other 15 x 7 4 1/4" BS rim (pretty common). That 8.25 is also large bolt pattern as will be a latter A body disk brake set up. Makes finding rims much easier.

Couple more pics of my baby. Spring to tire and tire to wheel well- inside and out, is perfect at 1" Might have squeezed a 255 in there on an 8" rim but didn't try.

I like those wheels, they look classy on your cuda...:supz:

It has been a lot of work but well worth every minute and bloody knuckle. Wheels are $60 Pick-a-Part find off a 4 door diplomat. Made by Western Wheel back....? Same dimensions as a cop car rim 15x7 with 4.25" back spacing. Tires 225-60-15 front 245-60-15 rear. Used a Mopar offset shackle kit to move the springs in 3/4" each side and swapped and flipped the front spring mounts to lower the back about 1 1/4".

those rims,,,if you have ever seen the orignal AMT 65 barracuda model, it had a rim option just like those rims you found kool

Nice work. Do you have any pics of the front spring mount? I would like to do this to my cars.

No seat upolstery is fine dash pad is great just need to replace carpet to black when the old man put it in he butchered the carpet around the foot switch for highbeams plus it's stained on the passenger floor [damn heater core leak] gotta change the door panels don't want the speakers in the doors.

Were in the same boat:grin:
attachment.php

That color looks familiar! Here is mine when I first got it. Have made some changes this winter, will try to get some fresh pics in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• HPIM1337-I.JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 305
  • GRUNDY-SIDE.JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 288
attachment.php

That color looks familiar! Here is mine when I first got it. Have made some changes this winter, will try to get some fresh pics in the next few weeks.

Yours looks decent. What have you done to yours?

those rims,,,if you have ever seen the orignal AMT 65 barracuda model, it had a rim option just like those rims you found kool

Can't say I have, but I'll do a search to see if I can find a pic. I had actually found a second set of these exact rims in the same Pick-a-Part and like an IDIOT didn't at least get a couple for spares.

I will look up this article, is it in the tech section?

Yeah the 8.25 is out of a 73 Duster I know wide meats in the rear might slow it down but right now I am going to go for looks maybe a V8 later. Cop wheels are hard to find here. But I do have a set of Dodge truck or van wheels. Sorry for the bold letters my eyes have been bothering me badly today.

100_1793-600.jpg

That info is shown in one of the pictures of the MoparMuscle tech article I posted about yesterday. Those rims would look good on an early 'cuda.

Yours looks decent. What have you done to yours?

Do you have some time? Since that picture, I have replaced the rear leaf springs, new shocks on all four corners, added disc brakes to the front from a '73-'76, rebuilt the entire front end, new torsion bars, new tires on freshly powder-coated Ralley rims, swapped in an 8 1/4 with 3:55 gears & a Trak Lok limited slip, dual reservoir master cylinder, full set of new brake lines, all new brakes, new steering wheel, replaced every hose & belt, converted to electronic ignition, put on a stock 340 4 barrel manifold, new fuel pump (twice), new 600 Edelbrock, new radiator, water pump, modified the power steering pump to "firm" it up, powder coated the grill, added the lower control arm stiffening plates and I am sure a few more things like a full tune up & tranny filter change. You asked! lol
I am also adding front & rear sway bars & a B&M shift kit next week. I plan on building a mildly strong 360 for it next winter, then painting it silver sometime down the road.

Do you have some time? Since that picture, I have replaced the rear leaf springs, new shocks on all four corners, added disc brakes to the front from a '73-'76, rebuilt the entire front end, new torsion bars, new tires on freshly powder-coated Ralley rims, swapped in an 8 1/4 with 3:55 gears & a Trak Lok limited slip, dual reservoir master cylinder, full set of new brake lines, all new brakes, new steering wheel, replaced every hose & belt, converted to electronic ignition, put on a stock 340 4 barrel manifold, new fuel pump (twice), new 600 Edelbrock, new radiator, water pump, modified the power steering pump to "firm" it up, powder coated the grill, added the lower control arm stiffening plates and I am sure a few more things like a full tune up & tranny filter change. You asked! lol
I am also adding front & rear sway bars & a B&M shift kit next week. I plan on building a mildly strong 360 for it next winter, then painting it silver sometime down the road.

Cool you have done a lot.

I think the car looks pretty cool with the old faded paint so I have focused on making it dependable, fun to drive & handle better than it was ever intended. Paint will be the last thing done. I have probably $2000 in the car & other than sitting higher in the back & the fresh rims, it still looks the same as the day I bought it.
Where do you live, I see NC in your avatar? I am in Huntersville.

I think the car looks pretty cool with the old faded paint so I have focused on making it dependable, fun to drive & handle better than it was ever intended. Paint will be the last thing done. I have probably $2000 in the car & other than sitting higher in the back & the fresh rims, it still looks the same as the day I bought it.
Where do you live, I see NC in your avatar? I am in Huntersville.

Not too far away. I'm in Lexington.

Several guys have asked for some pictures of the offset front spring hanger so here they are. Hard to tell much difference from stock but the hanger is moved in against the outer wall of the "frame rail". The nut for the spring eye bolt is welded to the hanger and a hole has to be cut in the frame rail for clearance. Can't see it from the picture but the upper two hanger mounting stud holes have been elongated to allow the '67 up hanger to bolt up to a '64-'66. Spring eye bolt is 1" higher in the bracket than stock so the arse of the car will sit about the same amount lower.

Attachments

• IMG_1277.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_1278.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1279.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_1280.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 336
Are you still planning a write up on what you have done?

Great thread guys. I always wondered how the offset spring hangers work. This has got to be my favorite early Cuda photo. It's Tom 'the Mongoose' McEwen.

Attachments

• Mongoose_Cuda.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 283
Sorry gusy I'm having issues with FABO since the crash last week. Can't see any attached images and a lot of info is missing from the thread pages. Got to get this fixed like yesterday.

Yes I'm working on a write up on the work I've done to my Cuda but dang it is time consuming! Maybe I'll to little installments instead of a big post once I get the bug infesting my computer fixed.

Cliff it's a piece of cake to install on a '67 up as it is mostly bolt in. The only fabrication is putting a hole in the frame rail to make room for the nut on the front hanger bracket and cutting off the spring pad and moving it in aprox. 7/8". On a '66 and earlier you have to elongate the top two front hanger bracket stud holes with a carbide bit or a round file. I did it with a file and it will definitely give your arm muscles a work out but it's far from difficult. Unless your going to go the full spring in the frame and mini tub route this is by far the easiest and quickest way to maximize the use of the available space in the stock wheel wells.

Sorry gusy I'm having issues with FABO since the crash last week. Can't see any attached images and a lot of info is missing from the thread pages. Got to get this fixed like yesterday.

Yes I'm working on a write up on the work I've done to my Cuda but dang it is time consuming! Maybe I'll to little installments instead of a big post once I get the bug infesting my computer fixed.

Cliff it's a piece of cake to install on a '67 up as it is mostly bolt in. The only fabrication is putting a hole in the frame rail to make room for the nut on the front hanger bracket and cutting off the spring pad and moving it in aprox. 7/8". On a '66 and earlier you have to elongate the top two front hanger bracket stud holes with a carbide bit or a round file. I did it with a file and it will definitely give your arm muscles a work out but it's far from difficult. Unless your going to go the full spring in the frame and mini tub route this is by far the easiest and quickest way to maximize the use of the available space in the stock wheel wells.

Thanks. Installments would be great. More ideas to sneak by the wife.

Oh.... I don't think you really want all the ideas I could plant in your head! My poor wife, I don't know how she lives with me. I'm a full fledged car junkie, although she is just as bad, no worse, with her gardening.

-
Back