64 - 65 Dart 273

-

Vcode

Reaction score
Was there a dual point distributor in a 273 engine, both 1964 and 1965 Commando
What is the Cap color for both. I see Black and Tan, what year used what colors.
Bob

The dual point in my 65 dart has only ever had the black ones on it. The car has been in the family since 75.

I pulled a dual point from a 66 formula S in a junk yard. Also had a black cap.

I truthfully don't know if black is correct, but I can't picture it any other way. I also dont know if dual point was even an option in 64.

273 Commando engines started in 65 and the dual point distributer cap is black. 65'

No dual point in 64. Those started in 65. Dodge had a Charger 273 and the "Commando" was Plymouth. As far as correct cap color let's ak our resident expert. @halifaxhops

68 up tan, 67 back Black. Then you get into the high end ones that were on the 69 up HP cars tan with "MADE IN THE USA" on top. Same in the black on the super stock cars. Got that info going through parts books for years and having NOS caps. Nothing out there specifically that I have ever seen.

Then it gets stupid from there different colors with the same part number. Made in Canada logo, Alum terminal or brass, forward look logo..........

Last edited:
Thanks for all the Great responses. It did help me out. Black cap it is
Bob

@halifaxhops
Does the 1965 Dual point Black Distributor cap have the Chrysler part number stamped on the inside of cap.
Bob

Probably the IBK 1003? if a dual point Same on the prestolight black and tan

-
Back