64-65 Glass Lock Strip

-

grimreaper

Cross Member
Reaction score
A long while back there was some discussion regarding reproduction of the glass lockstrip for 64-65 early A Bodies. I searched and do not find the discussion I recall. Someone was going to send a sample to someone else to see if there was a possibility if getting it reproduced.
A friend scored a length of the original style N.O.S. lockstrip to do the windshield of his 64 Barracuda but we can't find any N.O.S. for the back glass. We put in the standard replacement for it, the Chevy pickup style, until he can find the correct stuff but he really wants the correct look. Is anyone aware of a source for the original concave top lockstrip with the fancy mylar decoration?

Last edited:
A long while back there was some discussion regarding reproduction of the glass lockstrip for 64-66 early A Bodies. I searched and do not find the discussion I recall. Someone was going to send a sample to someone else to see if there was a possibility if getting it reproduced.

That discussion was on Ulf's (@65dartcharger) restoration thread of his 65 DartCharger. He provided a sample to DMT. I haven't heard any more about it. Ulf will probably chime in.

[QUOTE_"grimreaper, post: 1972034268, member" 1262"]A friend scored a length of the original style N.O.S. lockstrip to do the windshield of his 64 Barracuda but we can't find any N.O.S. for the back glass. We put in the standard replacement for it, the Chevy pickup style, until he can find the correct stuff but he really wants the correct look. Is anyone aware of a source for the original concave top lockstrip with the fancy mylar decoration?[/QUOTE]

Until DMT reproduces the lockstrip, if you can find NOS will probably be it.

Yes. I sent a sample to DMT 3 years ago. They have it on their website as comparision against the fits all style they sell.
Right now I'm looking into it. I need a good manufacturer for this. Any ideas?

Thanks for helping me out with my CRS! I have talked to Jim at DMT and he is unable to find a supplier so he has settled for providing the style used on older Chevy trucks. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone else who could make it. It seems that there should be enough demand that someone could reproduce it though. With all of the knowledge and resources on this site someone should know a connection.....
Ulf, let us know if you make any progress.

I have to agree with your comment that there is probably sufficient demand to have some company step up and reproduce it. I personally need one for my wagon!

I have no idea for any other years other than 64-65 as they are the same. Maybe these pics will help. 65'
20180328_172548.jpg
20180328_172601.jpg

-
Back