Status
Not open for further replies.

fadingfastsd

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys,
I've been around here for awhile, and I really hate to get out of the Mopar game, but I've been recently laid off from my current job.
I don't think it'll take too long to get a new one, but I have to slim down on the unnecessary vehicles until I have something else lined up.
So unfortunately, my 64 Cuda is the first to go.

I have a build thread on here with lots of info, check out:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=51719&highlight=1964+barracuda

You can see alot of the work I've done already.
I bought the car for $4000 in December 08. I'm definitely selling for under what I'm into it for.

Here's a short list:
It has a clean title in my name, current registration, and original CA Black Plates.
Thousands of $'s in Recent work:
*New 318, built by Paul Wagner of Team-Dart, 4bbl Holley carb, Edelbrock Aluminum intake, big cam.
Absolutely rock solid engine, runs perfectly. - over $2000
*Completely rebuilt front end, including ball joints, bushings, shocks, tie rods, perfect alignment - $800
*New air shocks in rear - $100
*New custom exhaust, notched trans crossmember for more ground clearance, Flowmaster 40's dumped at axle. Sounds amazing. - $500
*Awesome vintage 60's slotted mags, with new tires. 14x7rear, 14x6front (Not used, but older tires on rear, brand new as of yesterday tires on front) - $600
*New Sun Pro Tach II, Summit gauges under dash (temp, charge, oil pressure. only oil pres hooked up). All original gauges in dash work. - $150
*New heavy duty clutch & pressure plate, clutch adjusted - $400
*Nice stereo, CD Player in dash (installed by previous owner, I wouldn't have cut the dash), 2 6x9's in rear.

The car is reliable and a good driver as is. What it needs though:
The trans leaks gear oil, and first gear is not good. Assume it needs a trans rebuild coming up soon.
I may have this done next week though, as I already had a shop lined up to do it. I will update this post if the rebuild goes through.

Could use a larger radiator for the new engine. I have never had it overheat, but in long stop/go driving seems to run hot.

Brakes are drum all around. Work just fine but when front end was apart for alignment, they said it could use new shoes and turn the drums. I was planning on disk brake conversion up front.

I really hate to do this, but with such a shitty economy I just have to bank the money to get things rolling again, and cut down on the toys.

$6000
Call Evan
858-220-1483 or PM me

Car is in San Diego, CA 92117

CIMG2704.JPG

CIMG2708.JPG

CIMG2714.JPG

CIMG2718.JPG

CIMG2723.JPG

CIMG2684.JPG

I remember when you first got it, you've given that cuda some major TLC. Sounds like you've come to terms with letting it go to a good home. I would pay $6k in a heartbeat if I didn't already have one. 318 4bbl & 4-speed & all the other stuff. The black & gold makes it different from everybody else. The next owner is out there somewhere. Good luck on the job front too by the way.

That's a heckuva deal. Sorry you have to let 'er go. I also remember when you got the car, you sounded pumped up. Good luck on finding her a home and good luck to you.

Hey guys thanks so much for the kind words.
I really hate to get rid of the Cuda, its just such a badass car.
There's not a day I drive it that I don't hear at a stoplight how mean it looks & sounds!
It's definitely not perfect, but its a good driver, and I've put alot of money into her to get to the point she's at!

I'd really like to see her go to a good home, so anybody that's qualified (loves mopars and is gonna drive the crap out of the car like its meant to be) give me a call!

Thanks buddy.
I'm not looking forward to getting rid of it at all.
I'm not planning on having too hard of a time getting a new job lined up,
but I just can't risk it. I can always find another Cuda once I'm settled again.

I put her up on ebay, here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-Plymouth-Barracuda-New-318-Hurst-4-speed-Mags_W0QQitemZ330324187647QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item330324187647&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

i was thinking about putting my 64' on ebay. curious as to what the posting cost was to put it on?

thanks

hey TRD08, there is no posting cost anymore to list vehicles on ebay.
Just $125 fee if it sells.

Also, I figured I'd update you guys.
I have a new job lined up, but with a new 60 mile daily commute.
I am interested in a straight trade of my Cuda for a nice daily driver commuter car. Must be something somewhat interesting though, would do a 70s/80s/90s Corvette or Camaro (v8 only!).

I'm not concerned with mileage, rather than being a fast, comfortable distance driver. I have no doubts about the Cuda being reliable enough for the driving, but rather sitting in a loud car in 60's bucket seats for 60 miles a day isn't something I want to do long term.

Shoot me an email or call with any offers!

Evan
858-220-1483
[email protected]

hey TRD08, there is no posting cost anymore to list vehicles on ebay.
Just $125 fee if it sells.

Also, I figured I'd update you guys.
I have a new job lined up, but with a new 60 mile daily commute.
I am interested in a straight trade of my Cuda for a nice daily driver commuter car. Must be something somewhat interesting though, would do a 70s/80s/90s Corvette or Camaro (v8 only!).

I'm not concerned with mileage, rather than being a fast, comfortable distance driver. I have no doubts about the Cuda being reliable enough for the driving, but rather sitting in a loud car in 60's bucket seats for 60 miles a day isn't something I want to do long term.

Shoot me an email or call with any offers!

Evan
858-220-1483
[email protected]
But some comfy seats from wreckers and put some highway gears in it.After working awhile,buy a little piss cutter and stash the Cuda for later!My 2 cents.

Would you consider trading for a 2000 Lincoln LS? It's a V8 Sport model. Rwd, irs, 5speed auto w/ manual mode, all kinds of gizmos to make a comfy commuter...

Thanks bludart. I hear you, it would be cool.
But it's just not what I want to spend 60 miles a day in.
I love it b/c I can come home from work and hop in and go tear around mission bay in it, but its just not a good commuter, and not meant to be the way its set up. For me anyways.

I'll throw this out there too,
I've always had a soft spot for 50's cars, and for the right car in similar condition, I may be interested in a trade. Really open to any year/make/model that is early 50's/60's.

You dont like your barracuda do you?? I was asking becuase you said that you did not think it was good for a commuter. But now your saying that you would trade for something that is early 50's/60's. I just dont see how any other car would be as good if it is older.

I hear you, that might be kind of confusing,
here's what I mean.

I have to get a commuter car regardless. By that I mean something comfortable & reliable that is easy to put a ton of miles on. I love the Barracuda, and it's been a blast. When it really comes down to older cars, 50's cars are more my style. I'll be making more at my new job now, and will eventually get another old car for fun to replace the Barracuda. When I do that it will be something 50's.

Although getting a commuter is my priority, I'll be doing both eventually.
I figured that the Barracuda may spark somebody's interest that is more likely to have an older/50's car that they would want to trade.
Like I said, I'm just throwing it out there. It's a crappy economy right now, and now that I've secured work again, I'm not gonna be just getting rid of the Cuda to pay rent or anything.

I didn't mean that I would be getting a 50's car to BE the commuter!

Oh, I see. I almost thought you didn't like that awesome car you have there. I think it is great. I wish you luck and all. I like looking at your car though, and I wish you would keep it. If you dont, I'm stealing the paint scheme.

No prob.
I really love the Cuda, it's been a hell of a lot of fun.
When it really comes down to it, early to mid 50's is more my style and interest.
I got interested in the Cuda b/c my first car was a 66 Mustang, and the idea of another mid 60's "ponycar" really interested me.

But, my last old car was a 51 Plymouth Concord, which was just right for me. Eventually I'll get back into something like that.

First & foremost I need to get a nice car to drive to work,
but if that right trade for the Cuda for a 50's car came up I would definitely consider it. I'm interested in so many years/makes/models of cars that I always keep my options open!

I guess with this crappy economy, price is gonna have to come down a little.
To save any hassle, I will do $5k for any FABO member.
Thats my absolute bottomline though. I really thought it would go pretty quick for 6k! Bad time to be selling cars though I guess.

Bump, she's still available.
May be trading soon for a 72 Duster slant six for a DD.
Cash offers still entertained!

If you can, be patient. It might take some time to find the right buyer. He/she will be very happy; that is a nice car, you see very few 4-speeds. My $.02...since selling will only get you a modest sum, why not consider keeping it?

Thanks Swing.
Goldfish, I totally agree with you.
I won't drop a dime below my current price of $5k.
So I may just end up keeping her.
I may have a good trade lined up that will suit my needs perfectly, so we'll see how that works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back