64 Barracuda torsion bars

-

64cudaV8

Reaction score
I have the originals and have the car sitting lower than stock. It botoms out on the bump stops and is very soft. what torsion bars are reccomended?

I just switched out my /6 bars for the pst 1.03 bars this week. Have 318 now, rides nice, also have front sway bar. Most people will recommend the 1.03 if you have a V-8

Two winters ago I also replaced everything in front end with Moog parts. It all makes a difference

I don't think you can go wrong with the 1.03" bars, unless maybe you're looking for some aggressive handling capabilities in which case you can definitely go bigger. That would require better tires as well though. Your '65 is no doubt lighter than my '74 Duster, but I run 1.12" torsion bars AND front and rear sway bars, and I use my car as my daily driver too.

I will say that you should choose your new shocks wisely, and spend a little money on shocks that are intended to work with higher wheel rates like the ones you'll get with the 1.03" torsion bars. The RCD Bilsteins are great shocks for that size torsion bar, and PST sells those too. If you slap a set of KYB's on there you probably won't like the resulting ride quality.

Thanks, I think the 1.03 will work for what I want. The entire front end has been rebuilt. I just haven't cornered with bumps like this. It was damn interesting for sure.

One more question. Will the 1.03 bars interfere with the dougs headers? Anyone running this set-up?

-
Back