64 Barracuda wiring

-
Reaction score
Wiring caught on fire, had guy rewire and was supposed to use brand new wiring harness made for car(64 Barracuda) , claimed he couldn't get one any more made his own and did one heck of slop job. Looking for someone who knows what they're doing to possibly straighten out or rewire. Within 5 mins of running alt is too hot to leave hand on. Any help appreciated. Thanks Jerry.

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to electrical. You may get more help there.

Where is the damage? In bay or under dash? Hot alt is a full boogie exciter, Either a hard ground (electronic with an isolated field) or your points regulator is not opening.

Van's Auto carries harnesses for 64 Barracudas. They aren't cheap, but then, neither is a burnt up car.

Wiring caught on fire, had guy rewire and was supposed to use brand new wiring harness made for car(64 Barracuda) , claimed he couldn't get one any more made his own and did one heck of slop job. Looking for someone who knows what they're doing to possibly straighten out or rewire. Within 5 mins of running alt is too hot to leave hand on. Any help appreciated. Thanks Jerry.
Here is how I fixed my own wiring harness fire: Under dash electrical fire

You can do it!

Not really sure if problem is under dash or hood, I'm thinking under dash. It has electronic ignition already so not a point problem.
read post #13

-
Back