64 Dart 2 door sedan

-
So the car ran real good backing up it's times within a few 1000th's of a second.It actually spun the tires off the line,, But REALLY needs a converter as the engine didn't come alive until 3300 rpm. The Hughes converter is way to tight stalling at 2000 rpm. Best pass of the day was 17.74 @ 80 mph. I shift at 5000 and with the 2.94 gears was going thru the lights at 4800 in SECOND gear. A little tuning ,timing,gears, and tires,, I think I can get it into the 15's.The engine combo ran a 15.45 in good air in a 67 Dart that I had with 4.30 gears. Oh, the car weight is 3930 with me in it (230#). Won first round and broke out by a 10'th in the second.Fun Little Car !!

Do you still have a push button trans? I have a 3200 stall convertor (with a 360) for a push button that is near new for $75 + freight. I am in Phoenix area.

Mike

Back in time was close.. off by 10#. Breakstuff 2710# on the scale at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
az426hemi , I'm running a 71 904 so my input shaft is a different size. Man if I could I would snach it.

Well I'm thinking of letting this one go. I have a offer but not sure if I should sell.
Any help with Yes, no,or Are you F%$^ing crazy ?

Well I let her go yesterday,, Looking for a early "B" roller or project 2 or 4 door.

Thanks Mopar451. Several years ago I did a 65 Belvedere with a 400 stroked to 451.Best engine I ever had. I now have a 440 stroked to 500.I hope it will be as good as the 451. It may be headed to be installed in a 63 Belvedere. Still working out the details.We will see.

Thanks Mopar451. Several years ago I did a 65 Belvedere with a 400 stroked to 451.Best engine I ever had. I now have a 440 stroked to 500.I hope it will be as good as the 451. It may be headed to be installed in a 63 Belvedere. Still working out the details.We will see.[/QUOTE

had bunches of B bodies over the years and miss the b motor cars, especially the early B cars. I do love the A cars ( early A cars especially.) can't afford everything i'd like! LOL
I keep finding 65 coronet rollers and cheap b motors! someone SLAP me!!!!

I just have to wonder when we find the mopar market back up out of reach for the average guy again!??????

Great pix! BTW is the intake painted on the 225 s lant always painted red? Was that stock?

Slants came in several colors. Early trucks were yellow, cars the orange-ish red then later in life about 1970 they were blue.The last 1989? I believe were black,,not sure.

-
Back