"64" Dart 8 1/4 swap

-

cmpierce-1

Reaction score
I recently bought an 8 1/4 out of a 1976 Valiant for my 1964 Dodge Dart convertable to replace the 7 1/4 one.

I am looking a new leaf springs for the install but I have no experience in choosing the correct ones. There are original from JC Whitney or racing from Summit. General Springs has what looks like an original replacement. JEGS has a racing spring.

My thoughts are trending towards the Mopar 2800 (lbs) racing springs from Summit and then adding V8 torsion bars (S6 in car) in the front to stiffen up the ride a bit.

Can anyone recommend some options I should be looking at or "best known methods" for the swap?

I,ve read here many times about a place called Espo springs which are cheaper than Summit or Mancini,s.Maybe someone close by you will chime in.Good luck.

stock height springs from espo are about $250. they also carry bushings and u-bolts if you need them. can get +1 or +2" springs for about $30 more. very good customer service and nice product.

for torsion bars i'd go with .920-1" bars and be done with it.

i wouldn't put ss springs on it.. they sit high and usually lopsided and not so great of a ride.

-
Back