64 Dart across the street from me. ....

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Poor thing has been sitting there about 25 years...
He's the second owner. ..had it about 40 years...
Slant 6, 3 on the tree. His garage is too full of junk to hold it..... He got it running about 6 months ago but hasn't touched it since....
Sad to watch it die it's slow death...
It's too sentimental for him to part with...

20161211_095237.jpg

Jeff

Sounds like he's afflicted with the gonna fix it up some day syndrome. My dad had it and ruined about 6 1968 Chrysler 300's.

Looks like the dart would blend right in with a snow drift, beware!

Theres something just wrong about a Christmas bulb hanging from a tree with leaves on it.

Snow.jpg

5 min ago. Now that's how you do Christmas. And you don't see any mice in there do you. And another thing. there could be 10 white Darts camofloged and you'd never know it. BTW we might not see the sun til April.

Hey you don't know what your missing. Snow days when schools are closed, ice on bridges and overpasses, trying to stop going downhill, salt on the roads, avoiding other idiots, scraping frost off the windshields, shoveling the sidewalks, sometimes several times a day, fingers and toes going numb. And you haven't lived til your moustache has frozen.

Back at the ranch, do you know if he's had the car since new? If someone else hadn't let go his daughter would never have been conceived. Theres a guy around the corner from me with a 340 69 dart sinking into the ground. I kinda go a different route cause it hurts.

You would have to read "Ol man winter is finally here". When I'm stuck inside I become easily amused.

I don't have your natural talent but they're working on legalizing pot in Michigan. I like the idea of having a dart and Jaguar all in one.

Just think if it snowed you could take the car and he would never miss until the snow drift melted months from now. A Jaguar is a cat and will keep mice away. Elvis is working at Burger King in Grand Rapids.

You're not supposed to tell about the grand rapids thing.

Chino is in the LA Basin, so body rust is little threat. Looks like all surfaces are painted or primed, though would look much nicer if the same basic color. Driving it won't help it live longer. Better is to keep it out of the sun and don't let water sit in it. The engine isn't seized since he was able to start it. To last longer with minimal maintenance, there are no-corrosion products like Evans Waterless Coolant and DOT 5 silicone brake fluid, which I use. A lot of projects never get going until a guy retires. You want to keep it fun, not force yourself into the garage after a hard week of overtime. Many people kick themselves for selling their loved car long ago. Just need an understanding spouse, or one that can hold their fussy tongue. There are worse things than having a classic car on the property.

Chino is in the LA Basin, so body rust is little threat. Looks like all surfaces are painted or primed, though would look much nicer if the same basic color. Driving it won't help it live longer. Better is to keep it out of the sun and don't let water sit in it. The engine isn't seized since he was able to start it. To last longer with minimal maintenance, there are no-corrosion products like Evans Waterless Coolant and DOT 5 silicone brake fluid, which I use. A lot of projects never get going until a guy retires. You want to keep it fun, not force yourself into the garage after a hard week of overtime. Many people kick themselves for selling their loved car long ago. Just need an understanding spouse, or one that can hold their fussy tongue. There are worse things than having a classic car on the property.

Very well put.....and he just retired 6 months ago. ..maybe he will get around to it!

Jeff

-
Back