64 dart grill in a 65?

-
The easy answer is no but anything can be modified to fit. It just depends on your level of expertise and how much time and effort you want to put into it.

The candy canes have nothing to do with the "grill" but they are p.i.t.a.'s to get right.

but you have to have a set of candy canes on a 65....it doesnt look right without them

I have a very good condition 65 Grill hanging in my garage that I,m not using.If interested send me a PM.

The left and right headlight trim that wraps around the headlight and meets at the middle at the bottom. Hood trim completes the package.

No interchangeability between '64 and '65 grilles. The '63 and '64 Dart grilles are swappable, but '65 really is a one-year-only deal.

No interchangeability between '64 and '65 grilles. The '63 and '64 Dart grilles are swappable, but '65 really is a one-year-only deal.

true. I have a 63 grille in my 64, but if you are going to go this route you need the center piece behind the grille that supports the hood latch as well. its shaped differently than the 64 piece and won't allow the 63 grille to bolt up right unless its swapped for the 63 or you cut it to fit the earlier grille. i swapped because I like the 63 grille the best of all the early dart pieces. I think the 64 grille is the ugliest of them.
-Tim

true. I have a 63 grille in my 64, but if you are going to go this route you need the center piece behind the grille that supports the hood latch as well. its shaped differently than the 64 piece and won't allow the 63 grille to bolt up right unless its swapped for the 63 or you cut it to fit the earlier grille. i swapped because I like the 63 grille the best of all the early dart pieces. I think the 64 grille is the ugliest of them.
-Tim

Good info on that centre piece. I like the '63 Dart grille better than the '64, too.

-
Back