64 Dart GT conv. value?

-

tbr3

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been laid-off and will probably have to sell my project,(probably be the first time I will cry in a long long time).. She's a 64 Dart GT conv, 50th anniv,V-8 chassis,I found her with a 318 core motor, I believe its the original trans, (auto, push-button).
No interior other than the front seat frames, just a few pinholes in the pan, and some rust on the inner rear lower fenders. The body is very smooth, no dings or filler. All the glass is intact, needs a new top, the frame is there.
Anyone have any idea what she's worth? Any reference websites to check?
Thanks for any input. If I don't get hired within a couple months, I'll be selling the house and the Dart...
Tom

64 dart I.jpg

64 dart II.jpg

hi Bear R.- here.i had a 63 .you can seeit in the welcome forum.im new here.but,to your question on the value.you know people say its worth what people will pay.well its true in some sense.but on my 63.i had alot of info on these dart convertibles.yours is the 1st yr.they put v8,s in em.but,anyway bluebook 5,6 yrs ago was.6000.00.low 10,000 high. then yr after yr it kept going up up up .last yr.i look and high value was 14,000.so.its whatt people will pay but its cool to know if this was restored you "could" get what its worth.take care and God Bless Bear R.-

I paid $2400 for my 64 Valiant convertible last Xmas. Good paint and most all trim there, decent interior, no top, spoke wheels, slant engine. I don't know what "V-8 chassis" means. I think the only missing part to change to V-8 is a dropped steering link and motor mounts. It would cost a lot of money & time to round up the missing trim and parts, so I agree w/ $1500 tops.

63 and 64s are Really thin on the market no doubt more to restore than you could ever recoup

Yep, they do. but, It becomes a matter of personal value. What is that car worth to you? r72cda pt it very succinctly:
r72cda said:
63 and 64s are Really thin on the market no doubt more to restore than you could ever recoup

The problem with trying to get top dollar for an early A is what else is out there that's in similar shape and much more popular for not much more money. I also agree that $1,500 is about the most you'll get. If it were a four speed car maybe a little more.

-
Back