64 Dart GT trim clips

-

vpmopar

Reaction score
I am working on a 64 Dart GT convertible. Does anyone know of a source or a part number or a solution for the plastic trim clips that hold the double line of thin moldings down both sides of this car. There's about 75 on each side. It's about the last pieces I need to complete this project and I'm not sure what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I asked Layson about these last time on the phone with them. he said they have them, but at the price and the number I would need, I left the trim on there and masked it! not spending $250 for clips for a slant 64 dart.
good luck with R T !!! sent pics and 3-4 phone calls looking for some 65 clip[s for the 65 cuda and dart, never got back to me. guess I they could tell I wasn't gonna be a BIG buyer!?????

I asked Layson about these last time on the phone with them. he said they have them, but at the price and the number I would need, I left the trim on there and masked it! not spending $250 for clips for a slant 64 dart.
good luck with R T !!! sent pics and 3-4 phone calls looking for some 65 clip[s for the 65 cuda and dart, never got back to me. guess I they could tell I wasn't gonna be a BIG buyer!?????

I spoke to the RT guys at Spring Carlisle. They had a nice display and I was able to get some clips for the 65 Dart. The guy at the show said they were re popping the 64 dart clips in a couple of weeks (same as 65 clip I showed him I needed) and to give a call in three weeks or so. Called and the person in the office knew nothing.

The rooftop trim clips for the GT 65/66 are hard to find. Alta Fasteners in Florida had some non-stock fasteners that I just used this weekend. Turned them upside down, trimmed some off each end, filled with silicone and screwed down. Same clips NAPA carried locally, I think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 108
Update on trim clip dilemma. Purchased 3 different boxes of Auveco brand clips by what they looked like in the picture. The closest one was number 13229. They fit in the holes in the body and hold tight, BUT, they are about 2mm too wide. So I put a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface and rubbed the clips on both sides until they fit the trim. A box of 50 cost me about $5.00. The price was right but making them fit is a real pain. One down, 119 to go.

I am looking for this very same part. Did you ever find a better solution than sanding down 150 clips?

Update on trim clip dilemma. Purchased 3 different boxes of Auveco brand clips by what they looked like in the picture. The closest one was number 13229. They fit in the holes in the body and hold tight, BUT, they are about 2mm too wide. So I put a piece of sandpaper on a flat surface and rubbed the clips on both sides until they fit the trim. A box of 50 cost me about $5.00. The price was right but making them fit is a real pain. One down, 119 to go.

Sounds like a business opportunity

I am looking for this very same part. Did you ever find a better solution than sanding down 150 clips?
I did find a much better solution. Auveco makes a clip for an import that fits exactly. When I get home I will get the part number and post it here. Box of 50 for like $7.00.

I found the following item at a company called The Clip Link on the web. auveco 10322 plastic trim clip. It fits the hole in the body very tight. The trim piece takes a fair amount of force to snap it over the clip but it holds the trim real nice and tight. Hope this helps.

-
Back