64 dart questions

-

devond6599

Reaction score
so i have a 64 and a 65 dart, i am building the 64 but the 65s front clip is in awsome condition however the rest of the car is a loss, so i am wondering if i could take the 65 front clip and put it on my 64? has anyone seen this befor?

I thought so but wasn't positive. How about doors from a convertible? Will they fit a hart top no post car?

I know they do on the 67-69 cars, not sure about the early A's. If they do you will need the glass from the convertible car.

I thought so but wasn't positive. How about doors from a convertible? Will they fit a hart top no post car?

One difference is the chrome that surrounds the vent window. If you look at the top, you will see that the convertible is more squared off while the hard top is curved at the top. You can put the hardtop vent window chome on the convertible door. The easiest way is to just swap the entire vent window assembly which include the front window track. But you could also take the vent window assembly apart and put the hard top chrome on the convertble vent window.

Another difference is a little spring loaded thinging inside the jam at the rear of the door. The hard top would not have this piece and instead of holes there would just be two little dimples in the sheet metal.

Those are the only differences I'm aware of.

I know you didn't ask about 66 doors, but there is an important difference. In 66 the lock cylinders changed and so the cutout in the door skin for the lock cylinder has a different shape. Otherwise, 66 doors will fit on a 64 or 65

Learned that one the hard way.

I think 63 doors have some difference in the shape of the door latch, but I'm not real clear on that.

has anyone seen a 64 dart with a gasser front suspension and a big block in it? this is what my goal is and looking to find some pics of how things were done?

One difference is the chrome that surrounds the vent window. If you look at the top, you will see that the convertible is more squared off while the hard top is curved at the top. You can put the hardtop vent window chome on the convertible door. The easiest way is to just swap the entire vent window assembly which include the front window track. But you could also take the vent window assembly apart and put the hard top chrome on the convertble vent window.

Another difference is a little spring loaded thinging inside the jam at the rear of the door. The hard top would not have this piece and instead of holes there would just be two little dimples in the sheet metal.

Those are the only differences I'm aware of.
...............................................................................................
All correct info. The door glass is the same also.

-
Back