Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
I spotted what I thought was a Polara for sale, but its a 440. It is in nice shape. Interior is immaculate and from what owner said original. It is a /6 car, 8:34 rear, when I looked underneath I noticed what used to be a trailer hitch. That explains the 834. The chrome is in amazing shape as well. Trunk has small hole, nothing too major. His asking price is $8000. He bought it a few years ago in Alberta. I have his ph# somewhere if someone is interested.

4spdragtop

Attachments

• DSCF1199 (Medium).JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 2,184
  • DSCF1200 (Medium).JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 2,099
  • DSCF1201 (Medium).JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 1,931
  • DSCF1202 (Medium).JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,950
  • DSCF1203 (Medium).JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,971
  • DSCF1204 (Medium).JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,928
  • DSCF1205 (Medium).JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 1,988
  • DSCF1206 (Medium).JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 1,939
  • DSCF1208 (Medium).JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,907
  • DSCF1209 (Medium).JPG
    139.9 KB · Views: 1,860
I'd be interested if it was still out here and 8K is a little steep especially with a /6. I ran across one of these back in the early 70's still in primer. I went up against him with my 440 GTX and promply got my *** handed to me, the wrinkle walls should have given it away but hey I was young and stupid. He was running a dry sump hemi with 8 hillborn injectors and stripped interior, a true "sleeper". Turned out he ended up being top dog in the country for a few months so I didn't feel so bad.8)

I thought 8 was a little steep as well. It has been for sale for over a year now. He bought it to do a v8 swap, but I guess he changed his mind. Im thinking in the 5-6k range

I thought the 440 model only had 2 tail lights on each side

Seen a Polara last weekend with 75,000 or so miles in family since new, looked like one repaint, overall good condition, but in 1-6 rating it was a 3-4
It was his wifes car and she was wanting $16,000 for it.

Book on a #1 64 Polara 2 door hardtop is about $16,000 so I guess they checked somewhere and she wanted that for it.

I'm thinking it was somewhere between 3,500 & 6,000 for the condition it was in.

This car looks to be in better condition, but a lower model. If it is as solid as it looks, would be a good start on a max wedge clone

This car has been for sale fo over a year at 8500 on Kijiji. I was interested and posted some pics on FBBO ,but the owner was not getting back to me. Nice to see some more pictures of it. I like it.

This is the same type of car I searched for before getting my 66 Dart.I couldn,t find one for under $15,000 so ended up with the little 66 Dart.This looks like a nice car and the price seems reasonable for around here.Are you thinking about makin him an offer Steve?I,d go $6500 :-D

This is the same type of car I searched for before getting my 66 Dart.I couldn,t find one for under $15,000 so ended up with the little 66 Dart.This looks like a nice car and the price seems reasonable for around here.Are you thinking about makin him an offer Steve?I,d go $6500 :-D

HaHa, nope not planning on making an offer. Meee brooooke!!

Nice ride- i still have a 64 Polara, too. Black with a red interior.
The 64 Polara is the nicest and cleanest car ever. Like a 63 Plymouth Savoy,too.Must see if i can get one ;-)
Early 60 rulez....
car ****:

I used to have a 64' Anniversary Edition Polara, 318 poly, pushbutton auto, 2 dr. LOVED that car!!! it ended up being totaled when I lived up in Massachusetts, a drunk driver smashed into it while it was parked and totaled it. I was heartbroken, was in the process of restoring it and it was such a beautiful automobile. I wish I had the loot to buy that car in Canada, I would clone it to be a Big block Max Wedge car!!! What a sweet looking ride!!

Yea, I have a 64 440, needs restored, but I have never seen a 440 model with the three lights in the tail. That's an odd one. Usually that is only on the Polara.

The 64 Polara is the nicest and cleanest car ever. Like a 63 Plymouth Savoy,too.Must see if i can get one ;-)
Early 60 rulez....
car ****:

That is

That is one beautiful car...where's more pics???

Early 60 rulez....
car ****:

I have a 63 for sale.8)

Yea, I have a 64 440, needs restored, but I have never seen a 440 model with the three lights in the tail. That's an odd one. Usually that is only on the Polara.

Back when, my old black 440--426 wedge looked exactly like that one from the rear. I always thought the 2 light ones were 330's

I don't know what's up here: Maybe it's a made in Canada model, because my 440 only has two lights each side, and my instrument panel is different than that one for sale. My instrument panel looks just like the above Polara's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back