64 door on 66 Barracuda

-

Syleng1

Karma is real and Life is short...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i have what I believe is a 64 door shell on my 66’
It had the key hole style lock (large) and I cut out and welded in the more modern 66 style from the original door.

When installing the door latch I had to cut and modify the opening to accept the newer style latch (larger and one mounting screw is off.)

Now I’m having trouble with the inside door release lining up. Are those different also?

I had no idea the door shell was so different between a 64 and the 66’ I also did not know DVAuto parts would sell me a 64 for my 66- side note they sold it to me over 10years ago empty of parts- just a shell and now it’s painted and hung and I’m finding a lot of differences after the fact. Very frustrating. I’ve had 10 years to figure it out so I’m not blaming them. Just need to know what else needs modification.
Thanks,
Joe

i have what I believe is a 64 door shell on my 66’
It had the key hole style lock (large) and I cut out and welded in the more modern 66 style from the original door.

When installing the door latch I had to cut and modify the opening to accept the newer style latch (larger and one mounting screw is off.)

Now I’m having trouble with the inside door release lining up. Are those different also?

I had no idea the door shell was so different between a 64 and the 66’ I also did not know DVAuto parts would sell me a 64 for my 66- side note they sold it to me over 10years ago empty of parts- just a shell and now it’s painted and hung and I’m finding a lot of differences after the fact. Very frustrating. I’ve had 10 years to figure it out so I’m not blaming them. Just need to know what else needs modification.
Thanks,
Joe
This may help. White door is 63 valiant, and one year only. Green door is 66 Valiant and that latch is the same for 64-66. The latch on the jamb on a 63 car is one year only as well.
64-66 latch on jamb is a stud.

DSCN0120.JPG

DSCN0119.JPG

This may help. White door is 63 valiant, and one year only. Green door is 66 Valiant and that latch is the same for 64-66. The latch on the jamb on a 63 car is one year only as well.
64-66 latch on jamb is a stud.

View attachment 1715368713

View attachment 1715368714
Thank you Lee,

Crap! That 63’ door looks identical to the mine before the modifications. The two bottoms holes are also the same. Very sad as I have like 3 sets of passenger doors but wanted to keep the set. I used the one I bought 1st. Lots of work to repaint a new door after the fact. Good news is 2 of the 3 holes are identical and great for line up purposes.
Joe

image.jpg

-
Back