64 single to dual master swap

-

xxxhemi

500" Swinger
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone done the manual single to manual dual master swap, I got a new 67 dart manual dual reservoir master...I was hoping somebody has there shopping list still for all the fitting sizes and how long of a piece of brake tubing to run from the existing rear line to the new master...and what size adapters to adapt the old front to the new master.
Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 1336706-bac.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 212
  • 101326m-rit.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 223
I have done it to my dart,
But I'll be darn if I can remember the sizes and lengths. All I can remember is I the hooked the back port to the front brakes. By running it into the distribution block. Then removed the rear line from the block, plugged the hole, and ran a new line to the front port on the master. You can join the new section with a union. Works great. And I feel a little safer having the duel cylinder. Do a search on hear and you will find some great right ups on it.

When I do mine over I'm gonna use a 74 dart disc brake master cyllinder and a 74 Dart distribution block ( proportioning valve ) because its a cleaner install and the brake lines wouldn't rub or vibrate . Only a suggestion .

All I had to do was add one piece of line. I would think that is about as clean as it gets. But I am not going to run disc breaks, so I have no need for a proportioning valve. But if running disc it is a must.

Now I did have it easy as the engine was out of the car. I was even able to rebend the original large line and reuse it.

When I do mine over I'm gonna use a 74 dart disc brake master cyllinder and a 74 Dart distribution block ( proportioning valve ) because its a cleaner install and the brake lines wouldn't rub or vibrate . Only a suggestion .

Attachments

• 100_1160.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_1161.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 196
ditto. bought the kit to replace mine in 65 cuda formula s from single to dual with front disc brakes now! Nothing to be safer and feel better going down road, had incident in past when single master let go and had no brakes it was not good, so if you can replace it to dual , do it and do not feel anything but safe! Unless it is a perfect restoration of a car no reason to to make it safer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
Back