64'Valiant project.

-
and another of the side. I got the grille back in and the front bumper on. Lots of polishing and cleaning of trim ging on. Slow but steady. Thanks for all the good wishes and compliments.

Attachments

• Valiant paint 4 007.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 492
  • Valiant paint 4 013.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 469
Installed the window fuzzies and door seal welting. Working on 4-speed tunnel and carpet installation. Put in a pair of 6X9 speakers and made a divider out of MDF to replace the thrashed cardboard piece behind the back seat. Coming along.

Attachments

• Utah trip 11-10 w Matthew 005.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 437
  • Utah trip 11-10 w Matthew 001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 436
  • Utah trip 11-10 w Matthew 008.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 452
wow that came out nice!

one suggestion, ditch the MDF, its crap, dont use it for anything. Use some 1/4" tempered hardboard...it will also work for the spare tire cover as well, its what the factory used.

4-speed hump, carpet and some trim installed. The lousy weather has stalled progress to some extent, laziness a bit more. lower stainless going on soon.

Attachments

• Valiant back from paint 018.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 523
  • Valiant back from paint 011.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 391
  • Valiant back from paint 017.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 380
Man, your car is comming around. Looks great. What are you going to do with the small dog dish hubcaps that were on the earlier pics? Jerry

Got the rear bumper installed, some of the trim and the fender Signet emblems. Waiting on new trim clips to get the lower pieces on. :clock:

Attachments

• Valiant back from paint 001.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 406
  • Valiant back from paint 007.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 410
  • Valiant back from paint 023.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 403
lookin good. im building a 66 valiant.

168imia.jpg

a pair of re-chromed "Valiant" sail panel trim pieces off EBAY, off come the dull, pitted pair. As for the interior, I'm putting back all the stock stuff for now, it's all in serviceable condition. Thinking about trying a seat from the wife's PT Cruiser on for size, if it's a fit I'll probably get a pair to replace the stockers. Still need to replace the AM radio and hook up the mechanical oil pressure, water temp and tachometer. It's warming up out here, need to get it on the road. Thanks for all the support.

Attachments

• Valiant back from paint 027.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 359
  • Valiant back from paint 002.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 366
Arrg.... work on the car is slower than normal. I did get the back seat, package tray and rear side panels back in. I replaced the nylon oil pressure line with copper and removed the temporary gauge under the dash. I got all the external trim pieces back on. Picked up a pair of bullet mirrors, I think they will look good.

-
Back