65 Barracuda 273, trying to fit original air cleaner with aftermarket carb

-

Karl Nicholson

Reaction score
Hi guys,
does anyone sell an adapter in order to fit the original Commando air cleaner on an larger throat Carter competition carb? I believe the new carb is around 51/8" and the air cleaner is 43/16"

thanks,
Karl

Not that I have ever seen. Measure the filter element and buy a cheap 10" performance filter assembly just to use the base.

I take that back, Summit has some bases. No 10" though that I can see. The 9" one may work. Here's a cheaper 10" you could use the base out of. Proform Air Cleaner Kits 66802

Last edited:
Funny this popped up. I was thinking about how to revive this thread. I will have some more of these available after i get home on friday june 22nd. If anybody else is interested please send me a PM. Life gets in the way. Been busy with family, and life in general, plus recently out of town for job training class till then.

Funny this popped up. I was thinking about how to revive this thread. I will have some more of these available after i get home on friday june 22nd. If anybody else is interested please send me a PM. Life gets in the way. Been busy with family, and life in general, plus recently out of town for job training class till then.
I unmarked your sale thread and bumped it to the top.

Filter shown on mine for pix is a spectre reusable gause type air filter specced for 67 commando 273. Same design as K&N got mine from amazon for i think $25

-
Back