'65 Barracuda Grille and Radiator Support Final Color Schemes

-

dibbons

Reaction score
We just blacked out the right and left "indentations" in the front valence this morning--kind of like eyebrows (but still shown unpainted in foto #1).

Now I see a dark or black background behind the grille as shown in a factory promo foto (see foto #2).

Not sure if the center metal grille portion was painted black at the factory or not (see my formula S foto #3).

I'm sure the radiator support was blacked out a little (my own formula S foto #4).

Plenty of time to decide how to handle the radiator support. I thought I was finished and was going to leave it body color. Not so sure now.

Barracuda grille blackout 2.jpg

1965 Barracuda original grille foto.png

barracuda front grille sample.jpg

barracuda grille blackout 1.JPG

The rad support is body color from the factory as is everything in photo #4. Photo #1 is correct! Photo #2 is factory correct for the grill. See photo attached.
16613.jpeg

The radiator core support was painted body color to start with, then got a blast of black from a paint gun from down in a pit on the assembly line. Kinda crude, but, that's the way they did it. In my resto, it's going to be done more completely and not just an overspray.

-
Back