65 Barracuda Quarter Window Question

-

55Redneck

Reaction score
I just came in from the shop after wrestling with my quarter windows. Is it even possible to get the window track on the regulator with the regulator still in the car or does it have to go in place as a unit. There just doesn't seem to be enough room down there to get the track on both regulator tabs. I've tried about every position on the reg to try and get the track on but it's like about a half an inch away from being able to get the second tab in the track.

Thanks in advance for any tips that might make this a bit easier. My back's getting damn sore from peering down into the front of the quarter trying to get this thing together.:x

You're trying to install the glass without taking off the trim panel? With the trim panel off and the regulator and slide bracket loose, you should be able to puzzle the parts together and then bolt the assembly to the inner quarter panel. Then slide the glass down from the top and bolt it (carefully!) to the lower lift bracket.

Thanks for the reply Mark but I got both sides in this morning. It just took quite a bit of wiggling and getting the reg in just the right place. The interior is gutted right now other than the dash and seats. Now it's time to put the door glass in and get it all adjusted. I also have to go through all my parts boxes and see if I can find the little plastic plug that goes in the hole on the door glass. I think I've spent more time looking for stuff than I have putting things together.:-D

Regards
Another Mark. ;)

-
Back