65 barracuda

-

68ddart

Reaction score
does anyone have a pick of a 65 barracuda that came with power steering that would help me define correct parts to look for for a 65 barracuda with power steering? gear box column length and splines and coupler and parts? trying to put back correct parts ,,thanks

Should be the same as my 65 Dart. I posted a few years ago rebuilding the steering column and another post on the power steering gear. Plenty of photos.

As a few hints, the power steering shaft is shorter. I don't know that the tube is different. The coupler should be the same. By 1969 they changed to a collapsible steering column. Anyway, up to 1966 should be the same parts.

Should be the same as my 65 Dart. I posted a few years ago rebuilding the steering column and another post on the power steering gear. Plenty of photos.

As a few hints, the power steering shaft is shorter. I don't know that the tube is different. The coupler should be the same. By 1969 they changed to a collapsible steering column. Anyway, up to 1966 should be the same parts.
I believe the coupler is different and yes the shaft is shorter but the tube is the same. You would need the steering gear with shaft and coupler your other parts are the same.

cant find any pics,anyone with a pic of the actual parts would help...

the coupler that was on the power steering gear case on this 65 cuda was damaged and looks like one i seen on ebay listed as a manual gear box coupler. having trouble figuring out what a power steering coupler looks like...a guy sent a pic of one that looks like the one we have but dont know how much he wants for it and another guy has one for 30 bucks shipped but dont want to send a pic. i would be more than glad to buy the correct one if there is such a thing... it does have the original column or at least it matches the rest of the interior.and the gear box looks like pics i have seen of the same year power steering box. dont want to butcher it till i know this coupler is not available. thanks for any positive help or advise .its running but not turning yet.

If I remember correct the power steering shaft that the coupler slides on is larger. Maybe start a thread in steering so we can get more feedback.

Not sure if these help, but...here are a shot of the pump and the column coupler - the links Bad Sport posted have better views of the rest (blocked by the exhaust manifold, so hard to shoot)

Attachments

• Pump.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 184
  • Steering wheel coupler.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 162
i would like to thank you all for the info and pics. i have found the correct parts just waiting on a invoice. i know that coupler pic was difficult to take and thanks very much for it...

-
Back