65 Dart 270 Vert

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
After about 2 years of looking and debating I have finally made the leap and picked up my next project and I couldn't be happier. I went back and forth between Dart and Valiant, even debated a Duster or 2. Then I went from turbo slant six to small block 2 door or 4 door.

What I ended up with was a 65 Dart 270 Vert with a 273, auto on column. Fell in love as soon as I found it. Best part is that I am the 3rd owner, and know where the car has been its entire life. My father in law sold it to the guy I bought it from in 1973.

Its going to be a slow and steady project but with some brake work and a fuel pump I'll be able to drive it while I bring it back.

Only two pictures now but many more to come. Be ready for even more questions and advice seeking then before.

Attachments

• DSCN1645.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 157
  • photo-1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 148
Great project to start out with. Its the first time I've seen a white painted convertible mecanism. Is that done from the factory? Good luck with the project.

Great project to start out with. Its the first time I've seen a white painted convertible mecanism. Is that done from the factory? Good luck with the project.
I asked my father in law about that when I saw it too. It was restored about 20 years ago and the top was changed at that point along with the interior. It will be going back to a black top and black interior eventually.

Got the same year/model. Mine has a 225 with a factory Hurst 4spd.
Good luck with your project.

-
Back