65 Dart Bucket Seat Hole Location

-

PocketAces

Reaction score
I'm putting a new floor pan in my 65 Dart. The new pan came from a bench seat car and only has 4 holes. The old pan has been drilled multiple times and also dented beyond recognition.

Do the factory buckets use the same holes as the bench seat for the outboard track, or do I need to drill all 8 new holes?

Could someone with an unmolested 65 tell me where to locate the holes for the factory bucket seats?

I have read all the threads I could find on this subject. They all pertain to later cars which are different than the early A's. The early A does not have the raised area in the floor for mounting the bench seat and I can't see any dimples.

here is a picture of a 62 signet--- I think buckets came as an after thought on the early-- cars00 the inner bolts had not support or extra brackets on this car---I do not know if any mods were ever done-- but it is a small reference for you, Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_9536 (Large).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 215
The interior in my 65 Dart GT 2-dr is currently stripped, so easy to measure. I'll take a photo when I get home. Mine has 2 pairs of holes on the outer ends. My bucket seats were mounted in the inner pair, so I assume the outer pair was for bench seats. It looks like you have a convertible, which could be different. I'll try to get the measurements for my 64 Valiant vert too.

The interior in my 65 Dart GT 2-dr is currently stripped, so easy to measure. I'll take a photo when I get home. Mine has 2 pairs of holes on the outer ends. My bucket seats were mounted in the inner pair, so I assume the outer pair was for bench seats. It looks like you have a convertible, which could be different. I'll try to get the measurements for my 64 Valiant vert too.

Perfect, that's just what I need.

Like Bill said, the buckets used the inner holes on a stock pan. On my 65 'vert the inner holes are approximate 3/4 in away from the outer holes. The holes by the trans tunnel are right at 17 3/4 from the outside inner holes. The holes by the trans tunnel should have reinforcements welded to the floor pan. Hope this helps

Like Bill said, the buckets used the inner holes on a stock pan. On my 65 'vert the inner holes are approximate 3/4 in away from the outer holes. The holes by the trans tunnel are right at 17 3/4 from the outside inner holes. The holes by the trans tunnel should have reinforcements welded to the floor pan. Hope this helps

Here are some pictures of the holes in my old floor pan. You can see a little bit of the steering wheel in the Driver's side picture.

The passenger side looks like about 3/4", but the driver's side looks more like 2 inches.

I do have the reinforcements. Do these look like yours?

Attachments

• Drivers Side - small.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Passenger Side - small.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 197
Here are some pictures of the holes in my old floor pan. You can see a little bit of the steering wheel in the Driver's side picture.

The passenger side looks like about 3/4", but the driver's side looks more like 2 inches.

I do have the reinforcements. Do these look like yours?

I did not check the driver's side (too much stuff in there). I'll see about moving the stuff (which I need to do anyway) and get some measurements for you. Your passenger side looks like mine.

I took a look at the driver's side and the inner holes are about 2&1/2 to 2&3/4 in from the outer holes. The holes by the tunnel are about 17&1/2 or so from the inner holes. I'd say yours is correct.

sent from my iPhone

I promised photos, but inadvertently posted them to another thread:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=195523
so I repeat:

As promised, photos of the floor holes - driver's side, then passenger's. The front inner hole is ~1" forward of the outer hole, on both sides. I recall measuring 1.25" difference on the seat tracks. Note that the distance between the bench and bucket holes differ considerably between the 2 sides. The extra aft hole on the passenger side is one I drilled for my Sebring seats.

mages

Attachments

• IMG_3180.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_3181.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 186
Confirmation from two different 65's. What more could I guy ask for?

How did we ever restore cars without the internet?

-
Back