[SOLD] 65 Dart Charger, CA car now in Southern IL.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Superbee,
I was looking for months for a car that was mechanically sound, that I could actually DRIVE HOME. Because everytime I found a MOPAR I wanted, it never ran...and I couldnt take the risk of whether I could ever actually get them to run...I bought an old 59 Chevy truck thatbis mechanically perfect but needs body work. The owner was local, knew I loved the vehicle, and allowed me to make payments over a 2.5 month period, with a deposit.

if this car sits around or if you want to sell it to someone who would LOVE the car, contact me if you would consider working out an agreement with a deposit (which I would forfeit if I did not take the car by a specified time).

I fly almost free, so I could get up there to see it.

Thanks, my daughter and are crazy about old Dodge cars.
PS: Can you post pics of the interior, please?
KM

Hi Cutaway5,

You are welcome to come see the car any time. The car runs pretty good, of course there are things that need fixing, etc.

I'm not really comfortable with a payment plan, I'll PM you my cell #.

It just so happens that I just took some pics of the interior for someone else.

Attachments

• 2012-05-29_11-28-08_304.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 579
  • 2012-05-29_11-28-52_934.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 579
  • 2012-05-29_11-28-21_899.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 577
  • 2012-05-29_11-28-00_17.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 579
  • 2012-05-29_11-29-04_84.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 580
  • 2012-05-29_11-30-03_730.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 580
  • 2012-05-29_11-30-46_921.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 576
  • 2012-05-29_11-27-00_490.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 578
  • 2012-05-29_11-26-25_766.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 576
  • 2012-05-29_11-27-35_843.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 581
Accidentally uploaded one of the wrong photos, just a bit blurry of the rear floor carpet, meant to upload one of the passenger side near the rear window instead.

Attachments

• 2012-05-29_11-31-13_490.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 588
Another bump to the top.

I have it listed on Craigslist too and I've had at least three Marine Engineers want to pay me the full asking price by PayPal. They all seem to be buying it for their uncle and their private shipper will come to my house to pick it up. One of them even tried to call me but we had a really bad signal.

Stinkin Nigerian scammers!! That's not a racist thing, that's just where the biggest scams are coming from right now. Looked up the story on the internet, crazy how good they are at scamming people now.

Didn't think I'd loose so much money on this car, Lowering it to $5700. Guess I paid too much for it.

Come on guys!! Lets get the bidding going on my Dart. I'm sure a few of the hits on ebay are from members here, I have over 500 views and also have 29 watchers. It just takes a couple of bids to get the ball rolling.

i am not out here all by myself, and, i am not afraid to say so, but, i have never seen a $6000 65 dart of any shape,equipment, or rarity..............just sayin. good luck with the sale.

Hey byrd, Guess you've been looking in the wrong place. I've seen a few. I've seen 'em here on FABO too. Maybe you're just not a fan.

Thanks for your input.

no, my looking skills are in perfect working order. just because someone is "asking" that much for one of these cars, DOES NOT mean they are selling. case in point,..look at you're own.........again, good luck. i wish you the best.

Superbyrd, obviously you don't look at the nice 65 Darts then, because Ive had friends that bought and sold 65 Gt's, (not even Dart Chargers) for that and above. This is a very rare car too btw, there was under 1000 Dart Chargers made and very few still exist these days.

Price Drop, $5500.

At that price, I can only include the heater core, new blower motor, and missing (and extra) trim. Tired of getting calls and email and sending out pictures and getting no bites. Taking a pretty good beating on this one. :violent1:

Bruce

You still have this thing? Dang man, if you were in California it would be gone by now.

As a matter of fact, I am actually in California. The problem is, the car is not. :) I'm out here for work in San Jose.

I know, I wish it would sell.

Hi Guys, Still available at $5500.

At the risk of sounding more retarded than normal, can someone point
me to some resources on why these cars are so special and rare?

I was an E body man for almost 30 years and now I find I no longer
wish to invest that much. I've had 3 darts with the oldest a 70 swinger
and would like to go even older.

Is this a numbers matching car?

Yes, it does have the original motor. However, this is what makes these cars hard to confirm. There are no vin numbers on engines before '68, anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not an expert on how engines are confirmed before '68. But for this particular car, meaning Dart Chargers, There are cues on the body and fender tag that help indicate it as a Dart Charger. There's no official designation, as far as I know, on the fender tag.

There are probably more but some of the easier ones to find are:
- Notch above the single exhaust in the rear valence
- Pale yellow exterior with black interior
- on the fender tag, the 999 designation for paint
- 273 commando V8, dual point dist, 4bbl carb and intake, solid lifter cam with adjustable rockers

Bruce

Transportation for the Dart.
Guys, Just wanted to add this bit of info. I have a buddy that hauls cars all over the west, from about Indiana to the west coast. He doesn't go east much. He's hauled two cars and two motorcycles for me in the past. Cheapest around and very reliable. Just as a reference, he said he'd haul the Dart to the west coast for around $900. The only issue with him is that he's a one man show so the time frame is about 4-6 weeks and he likes to get a return trip so he's not dead heading back.

Still getting calls on it but still for sale. The biggest issue it seems is location. Hopefully, this will help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back