[SOLD] 65 Dart Charger, CA car now in Southern IL.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

superbee6

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Another one bites the dust due good 'ol Uncle Sam. Gotta sell something to fund other projects, taxes took all my Surplus $.

Anyway....Whhaaaaa, right?

65 Dart Charger, Auto, Console, 273 4bbl. Runs good, great daily driver. seems a little tired, stumbles a little when you punch it. Figured it was from the rebuilt carb need tuning. Supposedly on the Dart Charger Registry (according to the guy I bought it from, not the guy on the title, that story is below), haven't been able to find that registry online so I can't confirm. Either way, it has all the tell tale features of a Dart Charger.

Located 1.5 hrs southeast of St. Louis Mo, in Southern Illinois. Carbondale IL.

Originally from San Jose, CA area, then went up to Napa CA, was restored in the 90's and was a daily driver. Was a good quality job. has a few chips, scratches, and a couple of bubbles starting. The paint still shines and is great as a daily driver. As usual, the candy canes are a little beat. The car was sold three different times and never titled until I got it. I tracked down the guy on the title and that's the guy who'd owned it since the mid 80's and restored it. Met him in person up in Napa CA, he gave me some original paperwork and a couple of pictures of it during resto, original owner's manual and a couple of parts he still had.

What it needs: Two new front tires. Trunk lid gasket. Heater core installed (I may still get that and a new blower motor installed, if I get time). Rear window trim installed. Interior is worn and it needs new seat covers but they're fine for a daily driver. Speedo hooked up (doesn't work, haven't looked to see what the prob is).

What has been done recently: Rebuilt original carb (special carb for 273 four barrel). New master cylinder and one brake/wheel cylinder. I bought and installed one of Slant 6 Dan's turn signals $95 works great. New fuel pump.

What comes with the car, not installed: Extra trim (lots), window cranks, solid state dist (can't remember brand at the moment), two NOS tail light lenses, One older lens and bezel assy, extra correct PN carb that came off a running car. Heater core, Blower motor.

I have a few other things that I could sell pretty cheap to sweeten the deal.
- Front Disc Brakes from a 73 Dart, includes the upper A-Arms - $250
- A body 8-3/4. Pretty sure it's a 741, highway gears, def not a 489 - $300. The drums were beat up pretty good trying to get them off. I didn't do it.

Sorry, you only get the brakes and 8-3/4 that cheap if you buy the car.

Looking to get $6500 for the car.

I have a truck and trailer. For gas $ and a little $ for my time, I could be talked into delivering it a somewhat short distance. Maybe a couple hundred miles or so. We can work it out.

Thanks for checking it out,
Bruce

Attachments

• 1336067490731.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,636
  • 1336065664418.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,558
  • 1336065549989.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2,525
  • 1336065535407.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,549
  • 1336065165359.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,531
  • 1336065204281.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,537
  • 1336064972371.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 2,541
  • 1336064943474.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 2,759
  • 1336065689914.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2,539
  • 1336065502394.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,562
Hey Guys, I see a lot of people have looked at it but no replies and no takers. At the risk of getting flamed and asking for it, why do you think there's no interest in the car and do you think I could sell it easier on Ebay?

Going to post a pic of the fender tag next. And does anyone have any pic requests (of the car)? That question could get you a lot of smart alleck answers on here.

Thanks
Bruce

Hey Guys,

Adding a pic of the fender tag.

Bruce

Attachments

• 2012-05-23_10-45-28_788_FABO.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 2,379
65 Dartman,

Thanks, Will do. I'd like to find out for sure or not if it's a Dart Charger.

Bruce

Just listed the Dart on Craigslist. For FABO members, I will throw in the Disc Brake setup from the '73 dart and the A-body 8.75. for the $6500.

I will also sell them separately and then reduce the price of the car accordingly. I'll list those in the "Parts for sale" section.

Bruce

I see it has a 999 paint code and the engine compartment is pale yellow . . . . but didn't see the special exterior DartCharger emblems. If it is a DartCharger those emblems might have been removed when it was repainted. I believe Ulf (65DartCharger) mentioned the DartChargers were pale yellow. He will know for sure.

65 Dartman,

Yeah, From what I've read, all factory cars were pale yellow with black interior. The Dealer install cars could have been any color. I was told by the previous owner that this is still the original interior and drive train. He didn't mention that they removed any emblems and he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to do that. Maybe they were in bad shape or something. Who knows. The guy I bought it from said it was on the Dart Charger registry and that it is one of the factory cars, I'm going to see if I can dig up that email.

Thanks again,
Bruce

You are correct about the color, I almost bought a 4 speed Dart Charger that was a dealer installed car and it was gold with white and gold interior. If you contact 65dartcharger, he will be able to tell you about it being the real deal or not.

Hey Rockerdude,

Thanks again. I just went back through my old email and found where Ulf was in contact with the guy I bought it from and he confirmed that it is one of the 180 factory cars. I'm going to try to get a hold of Ulf again just to be double sure.

Bruce

Bruce! That is for sure a factory Dartcharger. You bought it from Joe, didnt you? It a very rare car. It's one of seventen factory cars I have on the list. That is a keeper.

Ulf, Thanks very much. Yes, I did buy it from Joe. I appreciate your confirmation. Part of my reason for selling is that I would like to do something like what TinCup is doing and didn't want to modify a Dart Charger to that extent. Also, I don't have the skill to do that myself and don't' have the cash to pay someone to do it. The car actually came from Napa Valley CA, so it's a very solid car. I'm torn, I love the fact that I actually have a rare mopar. Like every mopar guy, I'd like to keep this one , restore it and then have another one that I could build into a cool restomod cruiser. Definitely don't have the $$ to own two of them and restore both. At the moment I need the money, but in a couple of months, I'll be back on track with my taxes. I pay quarterly, in April I was hit with a pretty large tax bill, unexpectedly, 14k, so I couldn't pay my April quarterly payment. I'm now behind one quarterly payment. Not a big deal, just gotta catch up. So, I'm torn. Selling it at $6500 with all the parts I have for it now, I'll be losing about 1K on the car. Another reason is that I have two other cars I should be working on and I need to stop being a Mopar pack rat.

Sorry for airing out my life story here. :toothy5:

Thanks
Bruce

Hey Guys, I've decided for FABO members I will include the A-body 8.75 and the disc brakes for the $6500 asking price. Hopefully this will entice some of you 65 fans. You guys know what an A body 8.75 is worth. Another scenario is to sell the Disc brakes and 8.75 separately and then discount the price of the car.

Thanks
Bruce

Well, still no takers on the car, so I'm going to give myself a free bump.

Also, I'm going to sell the disc brakes and A-body 8.75 separately and will lower the price of the car.

If anyone would like to make me an offer on the car, please send me a PM.

Thanks,
Bruce

Interested in trade?
'91 Mercedes 560 SEL, silver, 142K miles with $4K in recent mechanical work (have receipts). solid body and interior.

Hi Guys,

I've decided to sell the disc brake set separately and the A-body 8.75 separately. I'm going to discount the car by $600.

New price, $5900.00

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back