65 Dart Clear Back-up Tail Light lenses

-

sgrip65

66 Dart GT 273, 65 Dart GT 273 HiPo
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Members. I have a question out to a good friend and very knowledgeable mopar member, but I thought I would post the same question here as well. I have been searching for a set of the clear back-up lenses for my 65 Dart restoration for some time. I have been able to find just one side. I see there is a set of NOS tail light lenses for a 65 Dart wagon on Ebay. I know that the red lens is different between a 2dr or 4dr car as opposed to a wagon, but is the clear back up lens and the D-shaped inner chrome bezel the same....or different between the wagon and the others? Thanks for the advice on this question. Your time is very much appreciated. Best. sgrip65

Members. I have a question out to a good friend and very knowledgeable mopar member, but I thought I would post the same question here as well. I have been searching for a set of the clear back-up lenses for my 65 Dart restoration for some time. I have been able to find just one side. I see there is a set of NOS tail light lenses for a 65 Dart wagon on Ebay. I know that the red lens is different between a 2dr or 4dr car as opposed to a wagon, but is the clear back up lens and the D-shaped inner chrome bezel the same....or different between the wagon and the others? Thanks for the advice on this question. Your time is very much appreciated. Best. sgrip65
The lenses between a sedan/hardtop and a wagon is different. Back up lenses from a wagon only fits a wagon.

Start a want ad here on FABO. Someone may have what you need.

if the question is about JUST the clear lenses. I gotta believe they are the same piece on both. They sure look like the clear lens are the same in pictures. Someone has to have both lights laying around they can check the dimensions for you. Or do it the Mopar way and buy the wagon lights and find out for your self haha. There is a used set on Ebay with one clear lens for pretty cheap.

if the question is about JUST the clear lenses. I gotta believe they are the same piece on both. They sure look like the clear lens are the same in pictures. Someone has to have both lights laying around they can check the dimensions for you. Or do it the Mopar way and buy the wagon lights and find out for your self haha. There is a used set on Ebay with one clear lens for pretty cheap.
65dartcharger should know. He has restored 65 sedans, hardtops, and wagons and convertibles.

65dartcharger should know. He has restored 65 sedans, hardtops, and wagons and convertibles.

Members. I came to discover that the 65 Wagon vs the 65 HT or sedan have different clear back up lenses. I was informed that these lenses have different numbers. The person who described this to me did exactly what I was thinking of doing...trying the Wagon lenses. However, he did this in reverse trying to make a Sedan/HT work in a Wagon. Turns out that the D-Bezels are different as well. Thanks to all you guys for the advice. The learning curve ramps up a might as each car gets close to its finish. I do appreciate the time spent in your help. sgrip65

Members. I came to discover that the 65 Wagon vs the 65 HT or sedan have different clear back up lenses. I was informed that these lenses have different numbers. The person who described this to me did exactly what I was thinking of doing...trying the Wagon lenses. However, he did this in reverse trying to make a Sedan/HT work in a Wagon. Turns out that the D-Bezels are different as well. Thanks to all you guys for the advice. The learning curve ramps up a might as each car gets close to its finish. I do appreciate the time spent in your help. sgrip65[/QUOTE

excellent see i was wrong and here i thought i knew everything about 65 darts haha just kidding of course!

-
Back