65 dart conv pro touring build pics

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
Build has been moving right along. Been so hot out here in norcal im shocked ive been able to get as much as i have done. Started doing the mini tub on monday and have almost got one side done. Being that its a convertible there is a ton of stuff welded to the wheel houses for the top mechanism thats a tral pain getting to, not to mention that i physically can't stand up to get in some of the weird positions. All in all i think i've done a pretty good job with the bodywork and fabrication work. See if you can spot the subtle body mods. I'm going for a chip foose look with clean lines and minimal chrome and trim. Going triple gloss black with some dark red accents. Hope you guys like the progress!

Attachments

• dart pics.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 831
  • dart pics 2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 843
  • dart pics 3.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 826
  • dart pics 4.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 880
  • dart pics 5.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 867
Sorry they are mixed up from about a 1 1/2 time span.

Attachments

• dart pics 12.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 819
  • dart pics 13.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 813
  • dart pics 14.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 819
  • dart pics 15.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 808
  • dart pics 11.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 829
  • dart pics 10.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 842
  • dart pics 9.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 830
  • dart pics 8.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 821
  • dart pics 7.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 806
  • dart pics 6.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 818
The last pic is the difference between the stock spring location and height and the magnum force spring relocation kit on the left. The magnum force one has 3 spring eye hole locations in the front to adjust the ride height which is cool and the billet shackles are cool as well. The spring box is designed for 67 and up a bodies (of course) so there was a little bit extra fab work to get it right but still worked out good. Trunk floor, brake lines and fuel cell next in line but all is full steam ahead

Attachments

• dart pics 19.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 848
  • dart pics 18.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 838
  • dart pics 17.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 831
  • dart pics 16.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 819
  • dart pics 15.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 796
Looks good, what wheels are you going to run?

I'm thinking something retro racing like cobra style halibrands or something similar to that. Trying to fit the fattest meats on the back that I can. 17's?

anybody got a hubble telescope so i can see the pic's better? what i'm seein looks awesome!!!!!!!

Hey what part for NorCal you in ?? I'm in San Jose. Gott any space at your shop for my duster seo my mom can abe ger garage back hahaha jk

I got lucky and a friend of mine let me take over a corner of his barn. I was working out of a airplane hanger for over a year. If i could load that barn up with mopars it would be a welcoming sight every day. Don't see very many a bodies on the road anymore and the ones you do see are thrashed with mismatched rims holding on like a hubcap in the fast lane! Going to start making plans for the stroker motor and trans. Love to keep the brand new a833 but have to go with a beefy 727.

Updates

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 756
  • 010.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 765
  • 009.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 755
  • 008.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 742
  • 007.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 781
  • 005.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 737
  • 004.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 759
  • 003.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 756
  • 002.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 743
  • 006.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 770
Man that sucker is dirty! Gotta get back on the front end soon.

Attachments

• 015.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 751
  • 013.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 745
  • 012.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 729
Anybody use anything that works good getting OE undercoating off besides the obvious scraper,wire wheel, flap wheel, Torch, C4, tired of scraping need something quicker.

Nice work......Try those stripper discs, they work pretty good.

Gotcha yea I tried one style but it wasn't that great but there are a couple of other ones I saw at the hardware store that I may give a shot. Yea she's comin slowly but surely. Got the rear end back from getting shortened, waiting on axles from moser. Getting ansy to drive her but I know I got a long way to go.

After weeks of scraping and wire wheeling it was cleaned,primed and i linexed it. Super messy and a ton of work but well worth it and its solid as a rock

Attachments

• GetAttachment (1).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 606
  • GetAttachment (2).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 603
  • GetAttachment (3).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 593
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 615
don't let anyone talk **** about sittin down on the job , that cars gonna be trick!you do goodwork gt can't wait tosee it running .just a cool build....

Ha!!i can still kick some *** if someone talks ****!! Ha!! Thanks man its been a long tedious process and it only takes piles of cash that I don't have. It will get there sooner or later. I couldn't afford to pay someone to do it even if I wanted to. More gratifying to do it yourself anyways. Let me know when you run your car, I'd like to see it.

Awesome progress, GT. Great choice on the black with red. Totally jealous of that front end set up. I've been kicking around the idea of the Dillinger kit for mine, have you checked that out? If so what are your thought on that?

I think the best way to tackle undercoating is do it in sections, so you don't get tired of it. I did one wheel well and it took 2 hours :(

hey gt if you need a handever let me know. i 'll pm my #

-
Back