65 Dart GT Project Started

-
I have not put the stripe on yet as i may repaint car this winter. The paint didnt quite turn out as nice as i wantes (lots of sink back) if it doesnt wetsand out then i will repaint. This is not the factory yellow bill i just mixed white and yellow too until i got desired color as well. The origanal was a lot lighter and a creamy color.

I have not put the stripe on yet as i may repaint car this winter. The paint didnt quite turn out as nice as i wantes (lots of sink back) if it doesnt wetsand out then i will repaint. This is not the factory yellow bill i just mixed white and yellow too until i got desired color as well. The origanal was a lot lighter and a creamy color.

The exhaust port was shipped today. Let me know when it arrives. Ulf

Well i got the car home a couple weeks ago the first pick is of it making it into the garage a changed car!! The 3rd pic is of wife getting her first ride this is 4th and 5th pic as well!! She was having trouble backing it up? She could see to much!!LOL

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 3.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 4.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 212
  • 5.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 215
Well I finaly got the brake issue figured out!! I been fighting no pedal since getting it done!! I tried 3 diferent master booster combos and none worked any better!! I then decided i wasnt getting enough stroke on MC and the pedal hitting the floor was the limmiting factor!! I cut and bent it foward a inch and welded it in place. I also drilled a hole lower in the canterlever on firewall to alow more stroke as well. They now work great!! I hope this info will help others. Sarah and i took a nice ride for the first time and put on some miles!!! I didnt know convertable people wave just like Harley riders do!! LOL:finga:

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 009.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 008.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 147
Took 1st at the first car show!! Wife is now hooked cant wait till next show. She thought it would be boring but she had lots of fun. I met 2 other a body members as well. These cars are not a bodys but i had to share that we brought 3 cars and took 4 trophys My brothers 71 Road Runner took best of show and first place in class!!! I took 3rd for my 72 charger se i need to brighten up engine bay as it has some miles on it now!!

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 31.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 41.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 42.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 43.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 126
Well deserved trophies there !!!
Congrats !!!
I hope that brighten up engine bay job ,does not end up on the rotisserie !!
LOL

Thanks for a great thread and congrats on a very cool car. I hope my 64ragtop will be nearly as nice!

ATB

BC

-
Back