65 dart gt questions

-

bb65dartgt

Reaction score
ok first off i have a 65 dart gt that i am puttin a well built 383 in .... first thing i need to know is will 67 up a-body headers work in this lil guy if not where can i find headers... second off im running 14:1 pop tops and port match heads with 2.14 valves and matched intake is a 292-244-501x110 lobe sep officiant? second will discs off a 70"s dart bolt up ??? and any cheap spots for early a body cages???

67 & up headers will not fit, engine question is very vague, 14.1 seems like way too much compression for a street car, brakes dont know, somebody else needs to answer that
Dodge29

bb65dartgt;933361 . . . . second will discs off a 70"s dart bolt up ??? [/QUOTE said:
The Kelsey Hayes discs SBP from 66 - 72 are a direct bolt on. If you use the 73-76 LBP disc set-up, you need the UCAs as well. Hope this helps

I can,t help with the BB hedders,but S&W makes a 8pt cage for 65-66 Dart(pre cut and bent)for $179.Some small cut to fit issues,nothing big.Good luck.Pics?

I think your questions have been answered but my (our) question is: Why convert an early A to a 383? A 440 or stroked 400 I could understand in a drag car or cruise night/show type fun but for a driver it doesn't make sense. You'll get better handling and just as much power with a 360 without the conversion hassles.

first found out the hooker fenderwells i have will work fine as they were a little tite in my 70 duster with the 440 and my dart is a half inch wider in the enigine compartmeent so it will wrk fine . 2nd thanks for the info on the brakes and cage very usefull . 3rd a 383 is one of the arguably best engines to build very versitile and it is a 383 b not a rb these motors have the bore of a big block but yet a stroke and rev to equal that of a small block as far as handling we arent talkin small block chevy compared to a big block chevy there isnt much difference in the size and weight between a small block and big block mopar but either way thanks to all for your help

-
Back