65 dart gt rebuild parts help

-

Stephen Toohey

Reaction score
hello, i have a 65 dart gt that i am restoring, currently in the paint shop. I am in New Zealand so it is pretty hard to source parts. Some parts cross over to the new zealand valiant models but not many. I need a new front bumber, full door seal kit, window seals (cat whiskers) rear window and boot seals, door cards etc. does anyone have recomendation for a good supplier of parts. please help me get this car back on the road and looking good. Thanks, Stephen.

hello, i have a 65 dart gt that i am restoring, currently in the paint shop. I am in New Zealand so it is pretty hard to source parts. Some parts cross over to the new zealand valiant models but not many. I need a new front bumber, full door seal kit, window seals (cat whiskers) rear window and boot seals, door cards etc. does anyone have recomendation for a good supplier of parts. please help me get this car back on the road and looking good. Thanks, Stephen.
Hi Stephan, might start searching the paint/body forum here, and the early-A forum as well. I'll tag some knowledgeble members that, if they don't have the answers, may guide You to them. @65ChargerDart @slantsixdan . Also, check the member restorations for Your model/production. There are a few Aussie members here as well, they may have some insight also..

Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing updates. Good luck, you found and joined the best site going.

looks like rockauto have a good selection, due to shipping costs i need to get as much as i can in one delivery.
No luck with finding a good front bumper yet or the chrome headlight (hockey stick) trim.
have attached some photos of the car being striped down.

IMG20230913152721.jpg

IMG20230913152705.jpg

IMG20230913152742.jpg

looks like rockauto have a good selection, due to shipping costs i need to get as much as i can in one delivery.
Rock Auto shipping works different to others - they ship from multiple warehouses across the USA - shipping cost is the same really when you work it out. The GST is pre-paid, and the goods will arrive at your door with little drama, as they are a pre-approved supplier to ship direct here. Make sure not to select the cheapest shipping cost - it might take longer than projected on the site estimate.
You will end up with multiple packages with a big order.

Parts that you can't buy at the parts store or through Laysons, Mega Parts USA, or Classic Industries will have to be used pieces. Parts on that list can be found here with a wanted thread. Please don't ask for parts in general forums like this one. Start out in the Marketplace forums and find a forum that fits your needs. (probably Cars and Mopar Parts Wanted)
@65dartcharger is a member here and specializes in 65 Darts. Hopefully he will chime in and join the fun.

All the seals ant cat whiskers can be bought at Vans Auto as well as other parts. Front bumper check out Bumper Boys.

Thank you all, such a good help. I was pretty worried about sourcing parts. Sorry if I am in the wrong forum. Still figuring out how this works. Thanks.

Hi Stephen,

MY-65DDPCC, "Candy Cane" mouldings - Pair - Front of Grill. New exact reproduction grill surround - made of aluminum as originals - no mounting hardware included.....$389.00/PAIR

384-40542, "Candy Cane" moulding hardware. (14 clips). just the clips only - no nuts at this time included in kit.....$34.00

These parts are listed in the "MOLDINGS" section of our catalog.....

Thanks,
Rick

-
Back