65 Dart plans

-

Patch

Patch
Reaction score
Okay....I have had this car since I was 16....originally 225/3 on the tree combo. I now have ready for this.....A 1975 360, with a 1967 A body 4 speed....still looking for a bellhousing. I have the V-8 center link....and I have a 65 Dart V-8 wiring harness as well. I do not have a flywheel fo rthe external balance yet...and I dont have a V-8 radiator yet.
I swapped out the 7 1/4 rear for a 8 1/4 a few years back......I'm sure I'm going to have to put a new tank in it.....(this one has been sitting empty for a few years) I also know I need to alter my drivers side engine mount from the 273 to fit the 360...and I still need to modify my transmission crossmember for the dual exhaust.......I also have an original 65 4 speed hump that I need to attach and weld in.
A few questions.......
Will the z bar location from the /6 3 speed set-up work for the 4 speed...or will I need to move it? Will the factory three speed crossmember work for the 4 speed? I am planning on going with the Spitfire Headers......any 4 speed issues other than being TIGHT? I have an interior from a 65 GT.....front and rear....and plan on adding the rear seat belts as well.
Whats hould I use for the radiator? Can I make the slant radiator work if I get it re-cored? I also have a 74 Dart large pattern disc brake set-up for it as well......Am I missing anything major that I havent addressed? Thanks in advance......Patch.:toothy10:
One more Question......my 360 came from a Motorhome and has a rear sump.....will I need a center sump pan? THANKS!!!

You'll probably need a different oil pan, and I've been told that the radiator will not cut it. So I know different people on here have been getting them re-cored for less than $200.00. Or find another radiator. I was told that a radiator from a 90's S-10 will work good. Just do some measurements and go to the wrecking yard. I'm sure you'll get something a lot cheaper. As far as the 4speed stuff goes I'm not your man.

She's sorta not pretty right now......but 72,000 original miles.....I got it when it had 43,000......Soon!!!!!!!

My Dart.jpg

Il tell a GOOD tip CALL BREWERS 937-698-4259 they HAVE all the correct parts theyl ell ya what u need(trust me here ur better off to buy than try it urself)quite abit to change ive bought from them and also have gotten GREAT advice im putting basicly the same combo as u cept mines 65gt ITL HAVE HURST LInkage (bought from Brewer as was flywheel/throut brng tourqe shaft release for all of it )cept the Pistol Grip that came from Summit (heck Brewers even suggested the best choice of which shifter good luck im headed to machine shop this week to Dino my SB after i get HP numbers il call Brewers and telll them and then i know il get a clutch and pressure plate that will hol and last

You'll also need to use a 90 degree oil filter mount. I used a universal 2 row aluminum rad that I bought new for $150 from ebag "same as the summit one". Don't forget with that extra power and weight you'll need more brakes up front.

I have the 90 degree filter mount......I have the 74 A body disk brake set-up ready to go on. Exhaust....I am going with spitfires.....and I will modify the transmission crossover for clearance. Thanks

When you change that fuel tank, get a 3/8 fuel sender unit and run 3/8 fuel line to the pump. 5/16 works, but is a little small for high performance use. Great project!

I will for sure.....the inside of that tank probably looks like the bottom of a fishing boat in the Gulf of Mexico....:) Bigger fuel line....Check! Thanks....

Just so you know. I got all of my fuel tank,strap,sending unit,o ring, filler tube and everything down to the bolts on ebay. It was a good quality tank for cheaper. If interested I can track down the sale in myebay for you and tell you his username.

-
Back