65 dart Ragtop Glass hood & bumper installed

-

stroker402

1968 dart GTS convertible
Reaction score
My latest project is finished . I just installed a fiberglass hood and front bumper By WS Racing .
Items needed some minor bodywork but fit real Nice !
I lightened up the front end almost 100 #'s
I used the old hinges and glassed a aluminum "L" brace to the hood .
threw out the old tension bars and hood latch . and used two hood pins up front.
I shortened up the length of the hood scoop by 5 inches . I thought it looked tooo long.
I plasma cut most of the metal off the bumper braces.. they look like tooth picks and real light ..
Overall very happy the way it all came together .:-D Looks AWESOME !
Darty

raggie  GLASS  hood bumper FRT center pix.jpg

raggie  GLASS  hood bumper frt view II pix.jpg

I restored it personally and made all the up grades to it. I love to wrench ! and I don't like other people wrencing on my hotrods !
My 65 dart was a 6 cyl. car .. converted over to mag. crate 360 stroker 402 cu.in. , pushing approx. 450 hp 500 tq. I restored this car 5 years ago and Never had a problem with anything . the stroker 402 is a killer engine !!!!! it has fenderwell 1 7/8 hedman hustler headers , 3" thru flow muffs . 727 reverse manual turbo action 3500 stall , with 3:91 gears , hoosiers QTP 27x10.5x15 , cragers 7" x 15" and all fits in the wheel well with cutting , 6 cly torsion bars , frame connectors, Complete Caltrac set up, rancho 9 way 9000 rear shocks , CE front 3 ways . On motor the 402 will run mid 11's , holley 850 and I have a 150 shot of nitrous on it also and will run mid tens all day . No doubt it is a BEAST ! and a handful on the street ..
I have a few more tricks up my sleeve yet to get the dart into the low 11's on motor this summer.
darty

raggie  GLASS  hood bumper rt frt pix.jpg

Looks incredible!! Well done. Best of luck hitting the low 11's!!

I restored it personally and made all the up grades to it. I love to wrench ! and I don't like other people wrencing on my hotrods !
My 65 dart was a 6 cyl. car .. converted over to mag. crate 360 stroker 402 cu.in. , pushing approx. 450 hp 500 tq. I restored this car 5 years ago and Never had a problem with anything . the stroker 402 is a killer engine !!!!! it has fenderwell 1 7/8 hedman hustler headers , 3" thru flow muffs . 727 reverse manual turbo action 3500 stall , with 3:91 gears , hoosiers QTP 27x10.5x15 , cragers 7" x 15" and all fits in the wheel well with cutting , 6 cly torsion bars , frame connectors, Complete Caltrac set up, rancho 9 way 9000 rear shocks , CE front 3 ways . On motor the 402 will run mid 11's , holley 850 and I have a 150 shot of nitrous on it also and will run mid tens all day . No doubt it is a BEAST ! and a handful on the street ..
I have a few more tricks up my sleeve yet to get the dart into the low 11's on motor this summer.
darty
Can I ask you where you got the hood?And do they make them for a 66 Dart?That looks Killer!Good luck on the low 11,s!!

This is the first and only company that has repro'd the 65 dodge dart hood . I purchased it from WS RACING. they have a website .
No one yet has repro'd a 65 front bumper for a 65 dart . My front bumper is made by WS RACING as well. it is for a 66 dodge dart and fits just fine on a 65 dart. the glass items needed a little finish work .
I custom made the scoop to fit my application.
bumper braces were plasma cut to lighten them up.
Very happy with WS Racing Fiberglass .
They do make glass hood for 66 dart .
darty

raggie engine 10 31 08 pix 287.jpg

darty

So where is your roll cage?

Yes, I know it's not safe without that bar in there . Accidents do happen real quick on the track . I'm going to work on that roll bar this year .
I have been booted off the race track more than once and been told to slow her down or just do some Launches ..
life is more important than this car !!
darty

raggie  GLASS  hood bumper frt view II pix.jpg

I,m gonna have to checkout there hoods and scoops,maybe bumpers to.Did you paint yours?They look like chrome ones?Or is it just chrome paint on fiberglass?And I,ll say it again...I love your car,it looks like it,ll dance!!

Yes, I know it's not safe without that bar in there . Accidents do happen real quick on the track . I'm going to work on that roll bar this year .
I have been booted off the race track more than once and been told to slow her down or just do some Launches ..
life is more important than this car !!
darty

That is a nice rag top. There's a member that has a 65 rag for sale

-
Back