65 dart...

-

Gauge

Reaction score
been out of Mopars for a while.....Been looking for an A-body for a few months now. Down here in south La its VERY hard to find a car thats not rusted in half.

My only choices where to drive 20+ hours one way to find a good car. Was just about to give out and settle for a rust bucket and found this gem...

All original unmolested dart. Theres two little bubbles on the deck lid. the floor pans look new and the a/c works. 70mph....smooth as can be.

Was looking for a car to put a 440 in but really hate to cut this car up....heres some pics.

DSCF0224.jpg

DSCF0225.jpg

DSCF0226.jpg

DSCF0227.jpg

DSCF0229.jpg

DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0232.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

DSCF0235.jpg

DSCF0236.jpg

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0228.jpg

As I am kind of partial to 65 Darts (and Barracudas and Valiants), looks like a fantastic find and with factory AC as well!

Sweet project car you have there. You could do a small block stroker and still get your 440. Jayson

a-bodies.jpg

Sweet project car you have there. You could do a small block stroker and still get your 440. Jayson

nice ride you got..

It'l be a while before i start on the dart..I just started on my newer project...
GetAttachment-1.jpg

I've always been a big block man but will look into the strokers for sure...I have to start diging up some info on them....

nice ride you got..

It'l be a while before i start on the dart..I just started on my newer project...
GetAttachment-1.jpg

I've always been a big block man but will look into the strokers for sure...I have to start diging up some info on them....
You got a two cool projects there. I have another 1964 Sedan Dart that I hope to start sometime. Jayson

Wow that is VERY clean...congrats I thought mine was pretty clean but its nowhere near as nice as yours!

That is a nice car you've found! It's actually one out of 231 Dart w/slant six w/ air conditioning! So it a rare one !

I agree, build a SB stroker. That is what I have planned for mine. I'm just building the car to handle it first.......almost have all the parts I need.

thanks guys....

the more i look at the car the more i find out how good of shape its in. All the trim, moldings everything is in shuch great shape....bout time i luck up and get a good one....LOL

I would love to put a turbo on the ole /6.....

aka Gauge

-
Back