65 fury

-

g2bnsg

Reaction score
I have 65 SPORT FURY WITH RIGHR REAR BLINKERS WILL NOT WORK. ALL OTHER WORK INCLUDING RIGHT FRONT. BULBS ARE GOOD . NO SIGNAL TO RIGHT REAR.. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEALS

Have you tested the right side blinker at the turn signal switch pigtail to see if it is blinking there? This is where I would start.

Inspect the wire harness and make sure the contacts on the bulbs and sockets are clean. I think the sockets ground to the tail light bezels, so make sure they fit nice and snug. I had a similar problem with my '67 Fury. The right side would not work at all. The bulkhead at the firewall was not plugged in tight. Good luck. Post a few pics of your car. We likey pretty pictures.:D Welcome to FABO:burnout:

Does that bulb light up when you step on the brakes. If it does, then you know the blub/socket/wiring is all good, and the problem is almost certainly the turn signal switch.

If it doesn't light up then it still might be the switch, but you will have to check all the other stuff as well.

I'd generally agree with what others before me have said. A 12 volt continuity tester really helps in a case like this. The only correction I might make to prior posts is that while the front blinker wires do run through the firewall bulkhead connector the wires for the rear of the car usually pass through the driver side kick panel. Remove the kick panel and you'll see a plug for taillights and fuel sender (there is often a second plug here for dome lights also with pink and yellow wires). Test at steering column plug first, then plug at kick panel, and so on toward the back of car. The tester I referred to above usually has a point that you can poke through the insulation to check specific sections of a specific wire when you don't have a plug/connector handy. Because your front blinker is working you can rule out the steering column switch since the front/rear blinker wires use the same signal (source) from the column switch and split from each other in the harness after (or at) the steering column switch plug.

-
Back