65 Plymouth B/U Lens

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the B/U lens for the 65 Valiant/Barracuda is the same as for the same year wagon. Can anyone confirm if they're the same?

Thanks. They look the same but not having a wagon lens to compare sizes/mounting holes, I was wondering since I've learned that repros for wagons are available. Would be nice if they fit the Valiant/Barracuda since NOS B/U lenses are hard to find and pretty spendy.

The 65 wagon taillights are a different part number and an ad on e-bay for Valiant backup lights states that they are not for wagons. Who is reproducing taillights for the wagons? Jayson

Who is reproducing taillights for the wagons? Jayson

Pentastar Parts and Restorations, Queensland Valiant Spares and several others in Australia have both clear and amber B/U lenses for the "Canadian style" wagons. Since the Canadian style and US wagons were the same, I was hoping that they were the same at the US Valiants and Barracudas since they are available.

I picked up these two tailights assemblies this past weekend for $10 bucks each. I actually found them before I bought my 65 plymouth wagon at the WPC show here in Michigan. After I bought the car I tracked the guy down and asked him how much and when he said $10 each I jumped on them. The lenses are crack so I need replacements. I was comparing them to the add on E-bay and they do look alike, but I see a small difference in the holes. Jayson

Taillights.jpg

I think that you've found out that they are different. The '64-5 Barracuda and '65 Valiant car lenses attach to the housing from the back side. The wagons have mounting screws that go through the lens from the outside and then into the housing.
Thanks, Mark

somewhere on here I have pasted pics of my waggin taillights,i used the b/u lenses from a car on my wagon with minimal modification using a belt sander because they were to thick(the mounting flange and then drilling out the holes.I have one n.o.s.passenger side taillight I dont needbut have no other backup lenses.i made both of my taillight lenses from jeep taillights and they look nice and were under 15$ I paid 30$ and shipping for the one n.o.s lense and neve found a match and didnt need them after i made that set.
Thanks. They look the same but not having a wagon lens to compare sizes/mounting holes, I was wondering since I've learned that repros for wagons are available. Would be nice if they fit the Valiant/Barracuda since NOS B/U lenses are hard to find and pretty spendy.

-
Back