65 Siggy

-

Valiant63

Early A-body Valiants
Reaction score
I finally picked up a 65 Valiant Signet as I have been wanting one for some time. This one is blue outside and light blue inside and has had one repaint. The floors and frame and cowl are solid, which is quite a surprise. Unfortunately,t he front of the hood is rusted thru all the way across. It is a slant 6 auto on the floor, but intake carb and distributor have been off for years. I had picked up one very cheap several months ago, but it has a rusted thru floor on all four corners and the driveshaft hump, too and rusted out rockers and trans cross member and two other rusted frame area as well as a rotted out cowl. It was very disappointing, but not it is a parts car for the new Signet. I just don't have a passenger side emblem for it. Tell me, did any 65 Signets ever come from the factory with a Barracuda grille? I like it. I don't have any easy way to take and post pics, so ya'll will have to wait. Wish me well. I am going to start working on it today.

I seen some 65 Valliant's with the Cuda grill but the owner has put it on. What Engine are you going with? Sounds like a great project.

We can't let you off with no pics, find a way, we need pics.

Tell me, did any 65 Signets ever come from the factory with a Barracuda grille? I like it. I don't have any easy way to take and post pics, so ya'll will have to wait. Wish me well. I am going to start working on it today.

I do wish you well... Reminds me of an old car I had... A 63 Valiant with the Barracuda grille... (Never forgave myself for selling it...) So I say "Go for it" !!!
So Please do POST PICs

Attachments

• suffolk.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 216
Most of the grill is in the passenger compartment of the car as is the bumper. I am going to keep it mostly stock with just a brake upgrade. I am probably going to drop another working slant in it and see how it runs. I need to patch the front valence and the front of the hood.

Attachments

• DSCN2773.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN2777.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN2776.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN2778.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 221
It needs a right rear back up lens and a driver's side signet emblem and new, not reconditioned, rear leaf springs. Headliner is in great shape, but carpet and seats need work. Just going to drive and enjoy it. :)

I saw that for sale too...Nice lil' score.

Thanks. I almost passed it up, but I am glad I brought it home. All four wheels are locked up, were locked up until we took the brake adjusters out of the rear drums. It took a long time to get it home. The slant looks like it was rebuilt. I need to find a good intake and exhaust and carb for the engine. New springs should be easy. I am not sure what to do with the brakes, yet. I'd like to put a dual reservoir master cylinder on it with the 9 inch brakes. Is that possible?

Hey Valiant63, Are those long lug nuts I see on the rear wheels??? What size are those rims?

Yeah, go with a dual bowl MC for sure.. Maybe even consider disks for the front... All things are possible!!!

Cliff, I believe they are all 13's, but they look nice with the wheel covers in the trunk. The chrome, bent bumper and the rest of the grille is in the car.

Tim, It is a really solid car for being a northern car. Now if I can find a 65 Signet emblem for the left fender, I'd be a happy camper.

Cliff, I believe they are all 13's, but they look nice with the wheel covers in the trunk. The chrome, bent bumper and the rest of the grille is in the car.

The "long" lug nuts were (generally) only used with the wider 14 x 5.5 inch rims (Formula S cars) The 13 inch rim cars with similar though the wheel cover nuts used a shorter version... It sure looks like the longer nuts in your photo... and that would be cool if by chance they were the 14 inch wheels w/wheel covers!!! Check it out... & good luck with your cool score.

Attachments

• Nut_Short_Long.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 123
Clif, They are the real long lug nuts… longer than I have seen. I believe they may be 14 inch wheels... I will need to double check.

Kmrumedy, I am going to put her back on the street and just drive her on short trips. I need an intake and carb for it at the moment.. Esp the carb.

Clif, They are the real long lug nuts… longer than I have seen. I believe they may be 14 inch wheels... I will need to double check.

Kmrumedy, I am going to put her back on the street and just drive her on short trips. I need an intake and carb for it at the moment.. Esp the carb.

Great. You probably already know this site but just in case. Great forum for info and slant 6 parts. One of the first posts in the for sale I believe is what you are looking for.

http://slantsix.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

-
Back