65 Valiant 4 door 273 4 speed car

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
I deleted the PM from someone in Canada that was asking about this car. I thought I would post a picture or two finally.

Any idea how many were built?

Attachments

• Amarillo Trip March 20, 2013 089.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 584
  • Amarillo Trip March 20, 2013 097.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 559
  • Amarillo Trip March 20, 2013 091.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 712
I'd say one of one...it's pretty darn rare. with AC too. What are you going to do with it?

Well, that's aftermarket A/C, so.......but yeah, this car is cool! This is my kinda car! Toss an 833 OD in it and make it a daily driver! Hey, is that one of those old smog device boxes on the pass. side fender there? Or an ignition module? She looks like she's been a' sleepin' for over 20 years!

attachment.php

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?
attachmentid=1714604033&stc=1&d=1363978588

I am actually selling off all my "project cars" and parts cars. I bought this car to get most of the 4 speed stuff and decided it was way to complete to start messing with it. So I never did anything with it. Now after fighting 2 different shops for almost 5 years to get my wifes 70 Duster painted. I am going to sell all the projects.

The box is an older electronic ignition box.

Attachments

• 65 Valiant Elect Ign.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 522
what an awsome sleeper you could make there or restore its got to be a rare car
i could cruze that all week with the gas milage you could get

No flood..just the typical Texas panhandle dust. And there is plenty to go around. Here is a pic as I found the car, which was about 2008(ish)? Also here is a pic of the "dust storm" from the day before I took the other pics.

Attachments

• 65 Valiant Eng As Found.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 509
  • Dust Storm March 18, 2013.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 496
  • Dust Storm 3-18-2013.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 532
Would be a cool sleeper for sure. Any chance you have a fender tag pic. carcrazy.
Thanks

Oldschoolcuda

Yep... I need to vacuum the dust off. The dust is like a powder it is so fine. But is shows to be a 273 4 speed car!

Attachments

• Amarillo Trip March 20, 2013 094.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 535
i love oddball stuff!!! my local salvage-yard has a 66 valiant, 273, factory a/c, console shift, bucket seat more-door sitting in his yard. i had to decode the fender tag because i assumed someone made it that way, it seemed so out of place. Awesome nonetheless!! he also has a turbo 1981 buick riviera 3.8 V6, draw through setup topped with a quadrajet, it drove into the yard.....

i love oddball stuff!!!

Yep, that is why I kept this car together. I thought someone added the 4 speed and I was going to get some of the parts. But after looking into the fender tag....I couldn't do it. Because I like oddball cars we also ended up with a Spirit of 76 Truck (225 4 speed manual) and a 70 D500 (318 with 2 speed axle).

very cool!

in the background of this photo is a turquoise 64 2door sedan slant 6 4 speed. I have more photos somewhere.

P1030159.jpg

Always soo far away, would love to build that one

The car is just outside Amarillo Texas about 6 miles off I40, not in the DFW area. But I thought I would ask here what it might be worth. The lower 1/4's will need patched. However it is not anywhere near needing complete 1/4's. I honestly have never checked the floors and have never opened the trunk. Once I sell a 8 or 10 more cars off I will load this car on the trailer and get it in the shop and vacuum as much dust off as I can and haul it to the car wash. Then get the inside cleaned up and take some better pics. After that I will have some room to store it inside until it sells.

Yes this is one of mine. I store all my cars at my dads place. We have about 20 Mopars we are selling off.

Crap, I saw your other posts and the cars you have for sale.Wow.Just last week a friend just drove through there on his was back to PA.He comes out here every few years and buys Dodge truck sheet metal.Bet he would have had the hots for the Spirit of 76 pickup.

-
Back