-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisRomello

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
So, I made a previous thread for the lower driver's door sheet metal for my '65 Valiant but I took the time to look the car over and this is a list of things I KNOW I'm going to need. This list will definetly increase after I strip the car and media blast...

•Both front doors
•Left and right lower fender patches
•front lower valence
•rear valence(maybe)
•an entire floor
•see pictures for other stuff
•suggestions:)
I'm going on a trip in June and it would be cool if I could have most of these parts so that I can just get home and play.
I live in Cocoa Florida, so if anyone is nearby that would help!
IMG_5162.JPG

IMG_5163.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5166.JPG
IMG_5167.JPG
IMG_5168.JPG
IMG_5169.JPG
IMG_5170.JPG
IMG_5171.JPG
IMG_5172.JPG

you need to come get a car to build from my backyard, that baby needs some rust eze bumper ointment

$(KGrHqJ,!lQFGiIzl!wnBRw!Fz69cg~~60_58.jpg

Sorry to be the one to make it clear for you:
That car is a HUGE project that is surely an endless money pit. Look for a different car and use THIS one as your parts car. The rust you see is only the beginning. You have a 65 Valiant, not a Hemi Charger or a 440-6 Road Runner. If this car has some sentimental value, like you were conceived in it, your Dad bought it new, you grew up with it...It still is a huge project.
Rust in the doors, fenders, roof and cowl? Rust at the hinge pillars? A 65 Valiant is not a rare or valuable car. Sure, they can be cool and a lot of fun to drive but the money and time that you will spend on a rusted out car could buy you a finished one in better condition.

I know what I'm getting into with this project, this car is priceless to me as it was my Aunt's who passed away 10 years ago. I was really close to her and I grew up riding in this car and it would mean the world to me and my family if it gets back on the road again. Thanks everyone!

I have it cut into 3 pieces, could not ship it as one solid piece. Have them listed on eBay right now with pictures but we could make a deal on all if you are interested. Looks like classic industries only sells 67 and up pans not early ones.

I meant to say autobody specialties has them. I don't mind if you have to cut them, let me know a price with shipping and we will take it from there. Thanks!

Sorry to be the one to make it clear for you:
That car is a HUGE project that is surely an endless money pit. Look for a different car and use THIS one as your parts car. The rust you see is only the beginning. You have a 65 Valiant, not a Hemi Charger or a 440-6 Road Runner. If this car has some sentimental value, like you were conceived in it, your Dad bought it new, you grew up with it...It still is a huge project.
Rust in the doors, fenders, roof and cowl? Rust at the hinge pillars? A 65 Valiant is not a rare or valuable car. Sure, they can be cool and a lot of fun to drive but the money and time that you will spend on a rusted out car could buy you a finished one in better condition.

I agree with Kern Dog.. As you know, your car will need a lot of metal fabrication, so it would be a benefit to find a better body/car. But in saying that, I do also understand the sentimental aspect of wanting to fix what you have, because of your Aunt being the owner. As myself, and brother, we live in the rust belt of the USA, and growing up, living here, my Father, brother, and myself have rebuilt/fixed a lot of rusty cars/ trucks here, and the metal fabrication, can take 10s of 100s of hours to fix/finish off correctly, but it can be done. I do not know what you skills are, but hopefully you can mig weld at least. I will also say this.. the rust you can see, is one thing, but there is also rust that you cannot see, which is usually 25-50% more rust hidden. I wish you luck on your project, as anything can be accomplished if you put your mind to it. I have a 64 Dart 4 dr, parts car, but it is still out in my western lot, and I don't know exactly when I will bring it home, but there would be some sheetmetal you could use, but it won't do you any good at the moment. Good luck with your ride.

It's his family's car, and his money. If he wants to fix it all, it's his bed to sleep in. It is a TON of work and will cost a lot. So be ready, and I hope it makes your family proud!

I have a 4 door dart parts car that might just have 2 good front doors. let me check and get you some pic's.

Thanks for all the help, and sorry to those I didn't get back to. I was able to get a set of doors and the c-pillars.
Anyone have any lower fender patches or a front valance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back