65 valiant pedal linkage clip

-

kielbasavw

Reaction score
So I've had problems with the rod from pedal popping off the rest of the linkage. The clip that holds the socket onto the ball has broke. Where can i find this clip? I have a zip tie holding it in place but will only alow minimal movement and i can go only about 45, i need to do some freeway driving for work.

Try your local parts store. They have all sorts of weird stuff in the Help! section. You could also try a hobby shop. RC airplanes use all sorts of ball stud connections and they might have one that will work. If none of that works, PM memike. He has one that he took off Victoria when he converted to a cable throttle.

Did a little fixing, and came up with this:

20121114_160502.jpg

20121117_134859.jpg

20121117_134935.jpg

20121117_140627.jpg

40 years from now there will be a raging debate on a Mopar forum over whether the factory used Heim joints or some lame clip lash up. Good job!!! That's the sort of thing that separates Chivvy guys from REAL men. =D>

Thanks, small problem is that heim joint is too short on the female side, the factory socket piece is 2 3/8" from bottom to center of socket, this new peice which i got from mcmaster carr ( i did a lot of searching for anything longer, is 1 5/16". So right now the pedal is about an inch from the floor, and all the throttle stopping is at the carb. What i want to do is get one of those coupler nuts then a stud to basicly lengthen the pedal rod. Ace hardware did not have it, maybe another mcmaster carr deal

What about a clip off a kickdown linkage end? Is that all you need as I bet I have one.

The clip was broken but the ball was the problem, i swapped the clip from the same clip your talking about, still popped out. Ball was ground down. But as you can see its fixed :). Thanks though!

Congrats on the fix! Remember the old saying: "Necessity is the mother of invention." Lengthen that shaft as you said and drive it for another half century!

ATB

BC

you can lengthed the kick down linkage is should have the same type of fitting you replaced inside, also some of the clip ends have a longer thread base than others-- found this out when I had 62 valiants, Lawrence

Yeah wish i could be here in another 40 years when the young guns are arguing that point!

"it MUST be factory - it was on my car!" LOL

-
Back