650 horsepower from the factory

-
R.I.P Richard Jeni. He was very funny!

Yes. Richard is one of my all time favorite comedians. That guy can get me to laugh so much, my eyes water. Right up there with George Carlin. RIP both of you, we miss you.

I flat out refused to have a Chevy Suburban or ANY Chevy in my driveway. Some things are just wrong. I can tolerate Fords to a point. So when my wife had to have a vehicle Suburban-esque we got the Excursion; with an understanding... (see pic) She gets a lot of questions in the gas station; especially with the Mopar Performance decals on the quarter and rear windows.

Attachments

• ExcurdecalLclose.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 83
Kind of off subject, but Dodge won't put an SRT motor in a 3/4 ton truck. I ordered a 2005 Ram 2500 laramie Quadcab with the Hemi figuring that eventually they would put the SRT motor in the 3/4 ton and then i would trade this one in. Every other company has a gas motor bigger that the 5.7 in there trucks. And I refuse to buy a chevy, my Dad just bought a Ford. WTF is there problem. Rant Over.

And I refuse to buy a chevy, my Dad just bought a Ford. WTF is there problem. Rant Over.

The new Chrysler vehicles are not like the old "Mopars" of the past.

Some of the upper management there do not even know what a Mopar is.

I sat through a Town Hall meeting when the Chrysler 300 came out and the guy had pictures of the old 57 - 58 Chrysler showing how they used that as their basis for the new Chrysler 300 C. It was actully based off of the 55 Chrysler C 300. That dufass did not know the difference...

if there not careful they will miss the bus and always play catchup, i mean come on put a six speed in the 1500 trucks with a hemi, shave 700 pounds of the challenger and stroke the srt 8 to 426 cubes and bam wala it will eat the mustang for lunch naturally aspirated, or put a kenne bell on it to and embarress them and send them crying back to big D, and for goodness sake put the neon emblem back on the new dart, yeah right, and quit disgracing the dart with a remodeled neon body:D

The Mustang is impressive, to be sure, but let's face facts...it emulates a classic, we drive classics.

And...the Viper is on it's way back ;)

I agree, we're most likely to miss the bus. We've done it before, look how long it took just to get the Challenger, and we're bastardizing our name plates for not so hot looking econo-blasters (Dart). Not likely to see many 2014 5.7L, or better, Hemi Darts now are we? Much less an NHRA Pro-stock Dart.

Note for the engineers:
Grab a Ford Eco-boost, if you absolutely can't get one figured out yourselves, and use the tech to create a twin turbo Viper, SRT8, 6.4L, 5.7L anything. But do something. Not many folks are going to buy the Ford. But just as many of us want a similar Challenger without having to do ALL the work for you (like Mr. Norm did back in the day) to up hold YOUR brand's name plate. Help us out here fellas. Rant complete.
P.S. Rant - A little more room for bigger rear tires on the Challenger wouldn't hurt either. Yeah, traction control is effective, but if you had more tire you don't need to "control" nearly as much of a traction issue. :burnout:

In defense of Mopar Dealerships.

I bought a new 2012 Dodge Caravan back in early November. Drove into the dealership at three in the afternoon with a 99 Passat (please forgive me), drove out less than three hours later in a new Caravan.

Dealership cut a decent though not extraordinary deal, basically I go the car for the invoice price. The dealership only tried to sell me the extended warranty, and the dealer installed anti-theft device twice. Overall a good experience.

For what its worth the dealership just celebrated it 100th Birthday.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

-
Back